What's new

NI Symphony Strings-The small sections

Sid Francis

Hi everybody
I am interested in upgrading the NI strings from Komplete Ultimate to their full version. The big strings sound great but I got enough libraries for that. I would do it just to have the smaller sections. Unfortunately I only find demos of the divisi strings in polyphonic mode, when they play chords. But I would need a demo of the various divisi sections playing melody lines. Do you know of any?

Hi everybody
I am interested in upgrading the NI strings from Komplete Ultimate to their full version. The big strings sound great but I got enough libraries for that. I would do it just to have the smaller sections. Unfortunately I only find demos of the divisi strings in polyphonic mode, when they play chords. But I would need a demo of the various divisi sections playing melody lines. Do you know of any?

I am in the middle of setting up my studio again, so can't make a demo for you now, but maybe in a day or so...I have the full version.

The divisi are split into A & B sections. The violins have 4 section splits, 16 players and 8 players each with an A & B...there is also a difference between the A & B sections in terms of sound and attack, so it's like having 2 different chamber sized strings to choose from, or mix and match. I prefer the sound of the divisi over the ensemble...much more control and I also don't need that many players all the time. So what's cool is that you can have a full violin section, and divisi the rest, if you wanted to make the melody more present...not typical, but the option is there. When I first went from the Essentials to the full version, the sound improved a lot for me...found a new love for this library. Wish is had more articulations, but the sound is great!

Very kind of you Jake. Would perhaps also kick others on the other side of the fence as long as summer sales are going on. And If I get weak and buy them I´ll tell you :) But don´t wait : could be in some miuntes or so :cool:

Very kind of you Jake. Would perhaps also kick others on the other side of the fence as long as summer sales are going on. And If I get weak and buy them I´ll tell you :) But don´t wait : could be in some miuntes or so :cool:
absolutely. since i read in re-peats comment regarding the brass that there is no dynamic crossfade but just a volume slider mapped cc1 I thought I was out. but strings could still be tempting enough to verify the 100€ more for K12UCE instead of K12U

Not at all. For 100€, I'd buy the percussion like a shot (if I didn't already have it). At 100€ for the whole shooting match, frankly it would be rude not to.

I'll pass k12uce anyway. That month is getting way too expensive with pro tools ultimate trade up on sale, komplete Upgrades and now even neutron 3. Got to be careful to choose the right priorities

Top Bottom