What's new

NI Soundiron Vocal Suite 80% off + individual libs 50-16% off

Does anybody know if Requiem Light is a “Light” version of some other title? The name throws me because it seems like a pretty capable library from the demos.

Does anybody know if Requiem Light is a “Light” version of some other title? The name throws me because it seems like a pretty capable library from the demos.

Yes, it is. The "full" version is sold by 8DIO. Soundiron and 8DIO came out of the split of a company called Tonehammer.

I'm considering the vocal suite and children's choir right now. I really love the haunting sound of the Genesis children's choir, but I imagine the Vocal Suite is much more flexible. Anyone have any recommendations or advice?

To be honest, the main reason I want this bundle is because of Requiem Light. But perhaps I could pass and just wait for a sale from Soundiron.

Soundiron just had a summer sale not too long ago, I actually bought requiem light. Maybe they have a grace period and they could give you a coupon, you should try and contact them. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say no ;)

I'm considering the vocal suite and children's choir right now. I really love the haunting sound of the Genesis children's choir, but I imagine the Vocal Suite is much more flexible. Anyone have any recommendations or advice?

I just picked up both. Having spent a day working with Genesis, I think it's going to become one of my favorite choir libraries. Absolutely lovely sounding.

Really, it should be no intro price - full price all the time. Maybe one sale a year (black friday or summer) and loyalty discounts for people who keep buying libraries from the same developers.

Or like what In Session is doing with Riff Generation - The intro price will be the lowest price it will ever be sold for. Thats a nice "loyalty discount" seeing as if you have/enjoy their products already and need this one, it's a no brainer.

Or you could buy the full version (requiem pro) from 8dio for 98$ on sale this week.
Same lib....same developer...full version.
Actually, Requiem Lite (SoundIron) and Requiem Pro (8DIO) both share the same sample pool, but both companies have developped their own GUI, and reprogrammed the libraries to their own liking.

I only own Requiem Lite, so I can't comment about Requiem Pro from 8DIO.

I just bought Audiobro Genesis, and Native Instruments charged me the canadian taxes. Total price was 298,37 $ CAN (I live in Québec). The american dollar is so strong that we absolutely have to buy on sales, or it's not worth it.
You could also bought it directly from Audiobro website. It's the same sale price, maybe they don't charge taxes.

Well, now, I'm disappointed. I thought the 50% off was a really unusually low price. I decided to get it based on all the good reviews. But I hope I'm not going to see it lower next month. Or at BF.

Still thinking about the Soundiron ones.

Actually, Requiem Lite (SoundIron) and Requiem Pro (8DIO) both share the same sample pool, but both companies have developped their own GUI, and reprogrammed the libraries to their own liking.
More info on this here:

More info on this here:
This old news (2012). Both Soundiron et 8DIO have upgraded their products since then.

Thinking about picking up the SoundIron bundle and Voices of War. Curious how many people like Requiem Light.

Thinking about picking up the SoundIron bundle and Voices of War. Curious how many people like Requiem Light.
No no no, buy the 8Dio choir libraries instead!

Okay just kidding. I don't have Requiem Light (yet), but it gets decent feedback for what it is. It is an older library that was reworked but has limited mic positions. It actually gets recommended a lot because it is relatively inexpensive for a choir yet has a good sound, if limited.

What is Soundiron's policy on reselling/transfering libraries? The thread about reselling policies just says "it depends" or something.

What is Soundiron's policy on reselling/transfering libraries? The thread about reselling policies just says "it depends" or something.

Why, do you want to resell like I do? I already put my ad in this forum and asked for permission.

Top Bottom