NI Massive X anyone?

Discussion in 'VIRTUAL SYNTHS: Omnisphere, U-he, Reaktor, etc.' started by gsilbers, Aug 15, 2018.

1. gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    there are a few posts and hints at massive x coming soon.
    Anyone have any guessing when it will come out?

I’m seeing some deep discounts on regular massive and Komplete which normally happens when it’s about to get an upgrade... from what I remember.

2. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Moving strongly toward orch /epic /trlr and NI seems to be moving in vey different directions. Not new, but as happy K11U User, will now wait until K12U to see more where NI is headed.
    Real shame if they continue to push heavily on EDM /DJ, and not much else.
    Yeah ….. Session Strings, SS Pro 2, Discovery Series ……. yada yada :whistling:

jcrosby likes this.
  3. JPQ

JPQ Senior Member

Jul 31, 2010
    makes me think what Massive X i hope is massive upgrade.(new filters (but i still want keep old ones) maybe real modelled filters,new wavetables,better fm and even maybe phase distortion etc).

4. lastmessiah

lastmessiah Member

Aug 20, 2017
    What would a new version of Massive bring? I can't imagine it would bring anything new to the table that other wavetable/FM synths can't achieve. Even when it was fresh I found myself wondering what all the fuss is about. If it has MPE capability then I might be interested.

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    There are still things other wavetable/FM synths don't do that Massive does with aplomb - really easy modulation system, with a really cool Performer modulator, feedback routing, two freely assignable inserts, pretty flexible routing between modules... Serum doesn't have two filters and doesn't do routing between them, nor does it have three wavetable oscillators with additional modulation osc, for example.

Massive is pretty well thought out, and yes, it still has lots of tricks up its sleeve. A new version of Massive would bring even more tricks for sure.

6. lastmessiah

lastmessiah Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Fair enough, let's see what it can do

7. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog I'm supposed to be working now.

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Why would NI release 3 new packs for the old Massive if they are about to release Massive 10?
    It's like they're deliberately trying to "trick" people, because they know a "better" Massive is coming any day.

The posts about Massive X I've seen came out a little while ago, as part of the publicity about the native access file and what it revealed about Komplete 12. Those mentionis also said that Kontakt 6 was coming and EvilDragon has pretty much put that idea to rest. Have you seen anything more recent? I'm not convinced Massive X is coming out soon. On the other hand, everything else about the libraries coming out before Komplete 12 has come true.

8. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    One of the Massive packs is just repackaged presets from a selection of the Maschine Expansions so it's only really two packs of new stuff. Looking forward to whatever Massive X is regardless :)

9. Desire Inspires

Desire Inspires To the stars through desire....

Jul 30, 2016
    Miami Beach
    I already have a beta version. It’s gonna blow your socks off!

10. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    Could be Massive X for Massive eXpansions.

11. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
  12. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    ToxicRecordings likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    gsilbers

gsilbers Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com

Oct 5, 2008
    Los Angeles
    nice.
    im sure skrillex is drooling watching this. :)

14. Looks like this may not run on my Mac Pro 5.1 due to no AVX cpu. :-(

15. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    It will not run on any Westmere CPU, not may. It won't even install.

16. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    I’m starting to like the feature sets in NI Synths. They sound really good too so maybe it’s time I break down get Kontakt 6 and the NI package Komplete 18 or whatever year/model is out.
    What power requirements I.E. CPU are needed, and I’m assuming these aren’t core locked synths.

Thanks

17. Dewdman42

Dewdman42 Senior Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Oh really? Damn. Wish I had known that before I upgraded komplete, massive x was part of my justification