What's new

NI Komplete 12

Crossgrade is when you're crossgrading from a Kontakt Player powered library to Kontakt 5 full. Update is when you're just updating from previous Kontakt full version.

No MPE for Kontakt 6? Was really hoping for that. It doesn't really seem to be much of a change at the user level.

Interesting to note: There's no mention of a Kloud subscription of any kind. NI seem quite focused on expanding their existing business model.

I do like the look of the Collectors Edition. I could really make some good use out of the more urban oriented expansions...

Just checked my upgrade option for Komplete 12 and it did not take in account that I have already a few expansions that are also on the Komplete 12 list :sad:

I will definitely pick up the KU12CE upgrade if/when they do a 50% off sale.

Very interested in the A61 as well. The S61 looks great, but never quite made sense for me.

A61 is cool for beginners I'd say, but the loss of LightGuide and especially displays make it a bit tough to swallow for anyone intermediate or experienced, IMHO.

Kontakt already has ways of supporting MPE, as Slate+Ash Auras library showed... It doesn't need to be in the headlines.
They had to do a ton of work around scripting to achieve that, and they still don't have the Lift function. Actually, I was hoping for it mainly for their sake! I love Auras so much!:)

I’m curious, for people who own both Komplete 11 Ultimate and the full Symphony series, will there be any upgrade path to the Collectors edition? It seems like I'd have to pay $599 to upgrade even though I own both

Better question, for people who go with ultimate 12, is there an upgrade path to ultimate 12 CE? From reading the site, it looks like that price would be the same as going ultimate 11 - 12 CE.

Top Bottom