What's new

NI Komplete 12

It remains to be seen.

It's a very old codebase by now (over 15 years). Any larger change is quite tricky to make, so things take more time than they usually would. Refactoring everything from scratch is absolutely not an option.

It remains to be seen.

It's a very old codebase by now (over 15 years). Any larger change is quite tricky to make, so things take more time than they usually would. Refactoring everything from scratch is absolutely not an option.

Do you know how long NI has been working on developing Kontakt 6 ?

Refactoring everything from scratch is absolutely not an option

Sometimes that's the only wise option.

Other options could just make things more complicated to debug, and compromise stability.

Anyways.. I hope they start beta testing it soon (maybe they already have, but you don't know about it), there are certain things you might not be aware of if you are not a full time official NI employee.

I'm curious about Massive X. Old Massive is my favorite for sound design / sfx. I hope Massive X is the new bigger and 'game-changing' beast like it was with older one.
Additional library makes me think that it may be just sample library player which, if it's true will be a huge disappointment for me.

I'm curious about Massive X. Old Massive is my favorite for sound design / sfx. I hope Massive X is the new bigger and 'game-changing' beast like it was with older one.
Additional library makes me think that it may be just sample library player which, if it's true will be a huge disappointment for me.

I doubt that Massive X will be a sample library player. Perhaps there will be sampled sounds available to select as oscillators. But "additional library" could just mean a huge library of presets to go with the new synth. As with Synthmaster One and Synthmaster, Massive patches may not work in Massive X.

I doubt that Massive X will be a sample library player. Perhaps there will be sampled sounds available to select as oscillators. But "additional library" could just mean a huge library of presets to go with the new synth. As with Synthmaster One and Synthmaster, Massive patches may not work in Massive X.
That would be great!

I'm also thinking that NI besides working on Kontakt 6 re-design, new features, GUI, ..etc. they might have to re-code a lot of it to move it up from VST 2.4 (Which is no longer supported by Steinberg), to the most current version of VST 3.xx Which could explain the long time they would need to release Kontakt 6.

Strummed Acoustic comes with Komplete Ultimate 11. Strummed Acoustic 2 does not
The good news is I was wrong about the release dates. SA2 came out after K11 and not before so chances are had it come out first it might have been included. If that's the case then K12U is looking pretty good.

K12 has stuff I'm interested in, thus thinking of upgrading when K12 gets released. (K11 wasn't appealing to me personally)
But I do have a concern.

I'm currently using K9U.
K11U currently is upgradable/updatable from K8 and above.
Do you think K9U will stay in the "updatable/upgradable" versions when K12 gets released?
Because I wouldn't want to re-purchase the whole thing again.

K12 has stuff I'm interested in, thus thinking of upgrading when K12 gets released. (K11 wasn't appealing to me personally)
But I do have a concern.

I'm currently using K9U.
K11U currently is upgradable/updatable from K8 and above.
Do you think K9U will stay in the "updatable/upgradable" versions when K12 gets released?
Because I wouldn't want to re-purchase the whole thing again.

I’m in the same boat - haven’t upgraded since K9U. As far as I’m aware version 8 was the first Ultimate version released and the upgrade policy has always been a flat price regardless of previous Ultimate version owned. I’m guessing they just did it that way for ease.

At some point I’m quite sure they’ll introduce a tiered upgrade system though - just hope it isn’t this time around as I’m planning on upgrading for the first time myself!

Probably I will be the only one who is going to buy KU12 anyhow, as I did with every other release since I started with K2... Thing which will not make it into KU12 I will take with KU13. ;)

Maybe next year because K6 is not in beta yet...

Didn't they include an updated license for Kontakt a few releases ago, even though it wasn't ready? So when it was ready, people who bought the new komplete got rights to install the upgrade? I might be wrong, but I was pretty sure they did that at some point, shipped komplete with a product update that came a couple of months later.

Didn't they include an updated license for Kontakt a few releases ago, even though it wasn't ready? So when it was ready, people who bought the new komplete got rights to install the upgrade? I might be wrong, but I was pretty sure they did that at some point, shipped komplete with a product update that came a couple of months later.
I don't know about that, but I believe that Massive X will come out this summer and Komplete 12 will be out by October at the latest.

Top Bottom