What's new

NI / Galaxy Instruments / Nils Frahm -- NOIRE

Check your ni account. It's only if you bought K12 though
I only got a $25 e-voucher when I registered K12 Ultimate. $50 must only be for KU12CE.

It didn't come up in my account, they sent me an email with a code after I registered. I am waiting for them to send me another code for $25 for buying my M32, but you can only use one at a time.

You shouldn't need to be sent one, it should be in e-vouchers in your account straight after purchse.
M32 isn't a software purchase, it's a hardware purchase, and NI says that I'll get the e-voucher within 48 hours after registration, which I did last night. I'll also get the two free months of sounds.com offer.

The $25 e-voucher from buying KU is in my account. But NOT the code for a $50 voucher they sent me on 1/17, when they sent out a notification that Massive X would be late.

Can I ask those that have it, what’s the performance hit like? RAM/CPU or anything else you’d care to comment on.

I only got a $25 e-voucher when I registered K12 Ultimate. $50 must only be for KU12CE.

It didn't come up in my account, they sent me an email with a code after I registered. I am waiting for them to send me another code for $25 for buying my M32, but you can only use one at a time.
Yeah the 50$ was titled Massive X Delay. So not sure if that's only K12UCE or not

Bought this on impulse, interesting concept; maybe slightly overhyped by marketing, but it sounds good.

Takes a while to get used to the 'particles engine', but otherwise a pretty versatile piano.

One thing (not related to the product itself), is that I did not realised that this thing ran on Kontakt 6 - so I had to spend more...

Last edited:
@CGR I'd love to hear whatever you whip up if you're going to get this
Ha! I'm sorely tempted. Trying to justify the purchase when I already have the wonderful Garritan Abbey Road Yamaha CFX, and the Galaxy/Native Instruments-Nils Frahm-David Klavins Una Corda. Hmmm - decisions, decisions . . .

Ha! I'm sorely tempted. Trying to justify the purchase when I already have the wonderful Garritan Abbey Road Yamaha CFX, and the Galaxy/Native Instruments-Nils Frahm-David Klavins Una Corda. Hmmm - decisions, decisions . . .

IMO, if you are into the particles engine, go for it then. If not, it's 'just another piano library', because you already own the Garritan CFX.

Reactions: CGR
IMO, if you are into the particles engine, go for it then. If not, it's 'just another piano library', because you already own the Garritan CFX.
I may do some experimenting with the Garritan CFX in combination with FX plugins like Tantra to see if I can attain a similar 'particle engine' texture. The felted samples are something else (although I do have NI's Una Corda).

I've watched some videos about "Noire" yesterday. Definitely an interesting library for me, but not so much for the piano itself but more because of that particles engine, sub tone elements etc. Every since Fracture Sounds introduced their Woodchester Piano, I'm intrigued by Kontakt piano library that has some background elements and pads already built-in, that seamlessly blend with the original piano sound. On the other hand, I have a selection of virtual pianos, especially from Native Instruments and Spitfire Audio that satisfy most of my needs for now, so I would buy Noire only as a part of the possible Komplete Update in the future. I must however say that I'm personally not too keen about Kontakt libraries and virtual instruments that recreate someone's signature sound or instrument, like in this and some other cases.

You can do very similar with a couple of midi arpeggiators, I used the 2 in Cubase -arpache and arpachesx.

Added Midi track with direct output to main piano sound (Maverick with Una Corda layered and pitched up a bit for mechanical noise).
Then 2 midi sends one with arpache in random to "twinkly piano left" and one with arpachesx with one of the ballad presets going to "twinkly piano right". Autopan the two twinklies with some delays layered in too and presto - Olafur Arnalds rip off with having to give NI £129. :)
Great respect for musicians dedicating the time and finding their own take on a sound through experimenting. You also end up with something unique too, instead of sounding like everyone else playing the same presets.

Top Bottom