What's new

NI / Galaxy Instruments / Nils Frahm -- NOIRE

I absolutely loved the demo. Especially the rhythmic particle effects are very intriguing. I agree in a way that it is very Olafur re:member sounding. Nils Fram and Olafur Arnalds are long time colaborators. I think that this is Nils version with NI/Galaxy and I would not be surprised if we will see an "Olafur" Particle Version with Spitfire in the future. One can dream...

Tempted to pick this up with a voucher. Anyone getting it?

And @ManchesterMusic 's review:

Apparently it's a "female piano" In the french language everything has a gender, even the doors, the chairs, everything... so a piano is a male, a black piano is "un piano noir" a guitar is a female "une guitare noire", because they write it with a "E" it's probably because this is a female piano... :2thumbs:

Apparently it's a "female piano" In the french language everything has a gender, even the doors, the chairs, everything... so a piano is a male, a black piano is "un piano noir" a guitar is a female "une guitare noire", because they write it with a "E" it's probably because this is a female piano... :2thumbs:
Lol good catch, though i must say i like the added "E" more in the name.

Likely a part of Kompete 13. Maybe only included with Unlimited and CE.

Thanks yeah my initial question was unclear, I meant to ask if there was a set period where NI only sells their new piano VSTs as standalones before integrating them in the next versions of Komplete (ultimate/CE)

In any case I really like the tone of this piano :thumbsup:

Are NI pianos usually added to Komplete after a set period following release ?
I've tracked this pretty carefully, and, every library and effect that NI releases after one version of Komplete will be included in the next version of Komplete Ultimate unless they explicitly say it won't be included. For example, they said that the Symphony Series would never be in Komplete [EDIT: I'm not sure this is true, they just didn't include it in Komplete 11], which was true, albeit in a lawyerly way because they introduced CE.

One exception was that they included Massive X in Komplete 12, but it wasn't ready.

Now that they are including expansions in both versions of Komplete, I suspect that all the newly released expansions will end up in the next Komplete Ultimate version.

As a regular Komplete updater, I'm not going to buy Mallet Flux or Noire, because I believe they will be included in Komplete Ultimate 13, which will probably be released in the fall of 2020, and be available for half price in Spring/Summer 2021.

Of course, the CE shows they could change the rules and have a Komplete, Komplete Ultimate, Komplete Ultimate CE, and a Komplete Komplete Beyond Ultimate next time. The other question is whether they will use 13 as the number, or worry that superstitious NI users will wait it out. After all, Massive went to X in one (massive) leap.

Last edited:
Thanks yeah my initial question was unclear, I meant to ask if there was a set period where NI only sells their new piano VSTs as standalones before integrating them in the next versions of Komplete (ultimate/CE)

In any case I really like the tone of this piano :thumbsup:
Gotcha. What Tiger said then.
Long and short is if you want the piano now, you'll have to buy it as a separate product or wait a good while for a Komplete inclusion. Almost as if by design... ;)

I've got it installed and been fiddling around with it.

The first thing i recommend when you launch it is set the volume in Kontakt to 0 and not -6. It makes a big difference trust me.

Tone wise it's very blue collar sounding. No crazy abrupt jumps in velocities. Plays very similar to the way the Grandeur plays.

The amount of customization in this thing is insane. For example you can choose what kind of pedal noise to hear the most (Rumble, damper or strings) or do you want to hear "note on" or "note off" mechanical noise when you play the keys? The extra mile they went in those little things really pays off in making this piano your own.

Particles: I haven't played with a lot yet, as i was only focusing on the traditional aspects of the piano first.

Very good piano.

Top Bottom