What's new

Newsletter Contest #3 - Sunday noon, no winner yet. So you could still win!

1. How much will I benefit from upgrading a NI Komplete...
2. Temporary hearing loss...
3. For those that took the Hans Zimmer Masterclass

If I wasn't lazy I could check all the other entries to make some statistics about the good ones... But I am !

If I wasn't lazy I could check all the other entries to make some statistics about the good ones... But I am !
In the first two contests, that would be a decent method. People were on the right track right from the start, and with the first contest, there were five people who had the top three, but in the wrong order, until someone guessed them in the right order. That's mathematically interesting (to me, at least, as a Math major in college), because there are only 6 possible orders for three items. So the winner may very well have wanted to put them in a different order than what he had, except all those other orders were already taken.

Anyway, with this week's contest, there are fewer trends ... or more importantly, fewer correct trends. I have a feeling no one is going to get it right, so we'll need to go to the tie breaker.

1. For those who took the Hans Zimmer Masterclass
2. Temporary(?) hearing loss at 24 - Will update
3. Film scores with just a few themes/motifs?

In the first two contests, that would be a decent method. People were on the right track right from the start, and with the first contest, there were five people who had the top three, but in the wrong order, until someone guessed them in the right order. That's mathematically interesting (to me, at least, as a Math major in college), because there are only 6 possible orders for three items. So the winner may very well have wanted to put them in a different order than what he had, except all those other orders were already taken.

Anyway, with this week's contest, there are fewer trends ... or more importantly, fewer correct trends. I have a feeling no one is going to get it right, so we'll need to go to the tie breaker.
:)
My idea was more to make a few statistics on the listed topics on anything that can be linked to a high number of views (like the number of replies, number of likes in the whole thread, age of the thread, actual rank in the last post...)

Then make a top 5 (or more ?), make all the possible orders with those 5 entries and to remove all those which have been already posted. And at last make a guess on the last orders remaining.

But the number of hours that would take me, make me want to buy the things to save time !

Thanks anyway for your work with this forum, much appreciated !

1. VI-Control Downtime
2. For those who took the Hans Zimmer Masterclass
3. Djemko - Free Epic Cinematic Drum Ensemble for Kontakt

Top Bottom