What's new

Newfangled Audio GENERATE Synth Released

I can see GENERATE being used in modern Hybrid Scifi Scores. It has the biting, gritty-crunchy synth sound that has that futuristic synth vibe, and could be layered with strings, or brass, for some interesting hybrid orchestral textures, also very useful for general sound design.

I would like to hear more of what it can do, I'm sure more videos will be posted in the coming days, and weeks of what GENERATE can generate :) and in various musical contexts, and genres.

Last edited:
Version 1.0.6 for both Pendulate, and Generate have been released.

Generate Release Notes:

1. Added new presets including artist presets from Robert Dudzic and Black Sheep, bringing total to 658
2. Generate can now load Pendulate presets - try playing these in Poly mode.
3. Fixed some clicks in audio output after changing a preset while playing
4. Fixed a potential crash when running multiple instances with DRAW CABLES ALWAYS, and a related UI bug
5. Reduced the CPU overhead of painting the UI

Pendualte Release Notes:

1. Added new presets from Black Sheep
2. Fixed some clicks in audio output after changing a preset while playing
3. Fixed a potential crash when running multiple instances with DRAW CABLES ALWAYS, and a related UI bug
4. Reduced the CPU overhead of painting the UI

Downloads are at : newfangledaudio.com/downloads

Hard to pass at Crossgrade $$ ___ and as unashamed Preset Junkie !! o_O
Like sound so far and enormous Preset list ! Happy with Pendulate & Equivocate.

Looking forward to more thoughts and perhaps a few example sounds from fellow forum members....

Also, does Newfangled audio allow license transfers?

Looking forward to more thoughts and perhaps a few example sounds from fellow forum members....

Also, does Newfangled audio allow license transfers?

Hi @axb312 ,

I will be posting a GENERATE demo I'm working on by the end of this week, or earlier. :)

GENERATE is a very interesting synth, not another analog emulation synth, which I think we are over saturated with these days. Generate offers a new, and refreshing synthesis technology to use, it can create new sonic textures, that have expression, and able to convey emotions, ambiences, and new sounds that are refreshing to our ears.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Enjoying Generate Demo greatly, but they did such a fine job with 'free' Pendulate that now pondering 'briefly' ..... :whistling:

Nice that they have Pendulate as selection within Generate, as it makes clear how many additional presets are included.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find that synth particularly impressive or hear anything that can't be created via other synths.

Just listening to the various presets in that Sound Test video, a lot of them seem overly drenched in effects (esp. that reverb). Jamming a whole bunch of reverb onto a sound doesn't necessarily make for a good sound.

Also, bit of a stutter occurs at 10:24 in that video. Not sure if that's the plug-in or just a recording glitch.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't find that synth particularly impressive or hear anything that can't be created via other synths.

Just listening to the various presets in that Sound Test video, a lot of them seem overly drenched in effects (esp. that reverb). Jamming a whole bunch of reverb onto a sound doesn't necessarily make for a good sound.

Also, bit of a stutter occurs at 10:24 in that video. Not sure if that's the plug-in or just a recording glitch.
Try the Demo

I guess it's just you.
The interesting part of what makes the sound of Generate special, can't be created via other synths, at least not without lots of additional plugins.
However, if you're not aware of these details and don't hear them, this thing definitely isn't for you.

The interesting part of what makes the sound of Generate special, can't be created via other synths, at least not without lots of additional plugins.

What is that "interesting part" though?

Because honestly I'm not hearing anything that doesn't sound it couldn't be replicated via other synths, particularly those with lots of modulation options.

Unfortunately I can't borrow you neither my ears to hear nor the experience with synths, sorry.
But as written: if you don't hear the nuances, simply skip this one.

p.s. it's very simple to disable the effects on Generate. One click per effect.
(I usually do this)

Unfortunately I can't borrow you neither my ears to hear nor the experience with synths, sorry.

Of course the inverse is also true. Since I'm not hearing anything particularly novel in this particular synth. Complex wave generation isn't a new synthesis technique either.

Of course, the inverse is also true. And no, I'm not hearing anything particularly novel. Complex wave generation isn't a new synthesis technique.

The inverse would be completely senseless, since i'm not interested in unhearing and unknowing things.
I don't understand what your point is though.
You think it's not an interesting synth, so why do you even bother with it?
If i'm not interested in something, i just move on.

Because honestly I'm not hearing anything that doesn't sound it couldn't be replicated via other synths, particularly those with lots of modulation options.

The Interesting part for me is that it sounds organic and can be used to create good sounds without mucking about with too many controls.

This is a discussion forum. This was posted for consideration so I'm providing my thoughts on it. This is how discussions work.

It has been said that you should try the demo rather than making judgements based on a video.
And i wrote that – when trying the demo – you should disable the effects if they hinder you to focus on the sound quality.
Because, the most relevant part about this synth is the sound quality you can achieve.
But if you don't hear it, it's most likely not relevant for you.
(you see, it's going in circles....)

The Interesting part for me is that it sounds organic and can be used to create good sounds without mucking about with too many controls.

I'm just watching the Ask.Audio video now and it certainly sounds like it can create a lot of textural sounds.

Top Bottom