What's new

[+Newer version] Aurora Borealis (1970's jazzy/romantic/ambient/noir)

Very cool! :)

Would you give us a rundown of the libraries used in this? I like the strings :)

Also, you might struggle to find an actualy trumpet player who could play this high and this cleanly, in my opinion :)

Thank you! Strings are Spitfire's Chamber Strings. I am a Symphonic Strings user myself and this is the 1st try for me to compose with SCS, it's a bit different to control (in the way how it responds to faders), I haven't got used to it yet. Basically, all of that is from Symphonic range (brass, woodwinds). Piano I don't remember, but some atmosphere synths are from LCO Textures.

You're probably right about trumpet :D

When the main theme kicks in, a bit after half of piece, I think you have a nice niche there with your laying of instruments and the overall avantgarde sound. This is your strenght, as well as the strenght not having a hurry. But you should try to complicate the chords even further - thats my suggestion, I would like to see this thing move from the luxury cruise music to the unknown ocean, and where the crew of the luxury cruise eat peyote, or something. Where things go beyond control. A storm in horizon too, and crew is in hallucinations. Theres a potential.

Enjoyed it. Thank you.

Personally I liked the ambient first half more. There is a beautiful sense of peace present. It reminds me of a good storyteller, who can captivate the audience to listen to every word and alphabet that comes out of his/her mouth, and there is enough space for imagination to fly between the words.

There is something familiar (which is not a bad thing); maybe I can hear distant echoes of Vangelis and The Last Samurai themes from Hans, but it still feels like a solid story of its own.

The later half is good has its strengths too, but I was mesmerized by the first half.

Last edited:
Was that Sonokinetic Noire btw?
It's not.
@Mark_Kouznetsov : That's absolutely amazing!
There's a huge mastery in how you organise the amount of time you give the evolving elements.
It creates pure magic!
Wow, thanks, really! Didn't expect THAT much praise for an unfinished track!
Brilliant! If it has some synth in there it could be Bladerunner-esque. Nicely done.
Thank you! Yes, I still have a thought of adding something like CS-80 myself, so we're on the same page :)
Enjoyed it. Thank you.

Personally I liked the ambient first half more. There is a beautiful sense of peace present. It reminds me of a good storyteller, who can captivate the audience to listen to every word and alphabet that comes out of his/her mouth, and there is enough space for imagination to fly between the words.

There is something familiar; maybe I can hear distant echoes of Vangelis and The Last Samurai themes from Hans, but it still feels like a story of its own.

The later half has its strengths too, but I was mesmerized by the first half.
Everyone likes his own thing and that's perfectly fine! Thank you, I'm glad you've enjoyed it!
Really really nice piece !
Thanks!

Top Bottom