What's new

Newbie spitfire albion question ADSR?

dannymc

folks,

just wondering where it is i can adjust the attacks and release on my strings in spitfire albion? i cant for the life of me see any functioning ADSR in the interface, except when i go into edit mode in the instrument. under the kontakt modulation tab i have found attack, hold, decay, sustain but when i adjust the knobs it does not change the output of the sound on my midi keyboard at all. what am i doing wrong here?

You have to pay attention to choose the right sample groups in Kontakt and Spitfire Strings are are bit like a Labyrinth in this case. :lol: But it works: I changed the releases of my Albion II strings to my taste with good results.
Take care: these strings have release samples! so you cannot just pull down the "general release" cause there is none. You have to identify the release groups instead, highlight all included samples and pull down the volume to your taste. Take a valium before you start: it is a tedious work to do .-)

you have to pay attention to choose the right sample groups in Kontakt and Spitfire Strings are are bit like a Labyrinth in this case. Laughing But it works: I changed the releases of my Albion II strings to my taste with good results.
Take care: these strings have release samples! so you cannot just pull down the "general release" cause there is none. You have to identify the release groups instead, highlight all included samples and pull down the volume to your taste. Take a valium before you start: it is a tedious work to do .-)

hi Sid thanks for this. i have albion spitfire I is there any particular sample you can identify in the library that does respond to these ADSR's and i can start by practicing with that sample? i'll have the valium at the ready ;)

Again: don´t change the ADSR as usual: change the VOLUME of the release samples to change releases. Change the Attack only for the main parts of the samples and NOT for the legato portions or the tails. the group names for release should have something like "rls" in their name and you have to choose several groups because of the Round robins and the velocity layers. Valium time, really! :P It took me some time. Make a patch copy with a different name not to overwrite your originals unintentionally...

This lack of control over the envelope continues to be a problem for me. Have there been any less Jurassic methods of controlling the attack. The volume automation thing is pretty time consuming (especially in Cubase), so any new input would be hugely appreciated. Forgive my dumbness.

ADSR is pretty jurassic if you ask me. Especially if you want your orchestra to sound like a synth instead of... an orchestra :)

Once you have release samples in play, you cannot really expect to have global 4 ADSR knobs to sort everything out, it's just not happening. It's more complicated than that.

ADSR is pretty jurassic if you ask me. Especially if you want your orchestra to sound like a synth instead of... an orchestra :)

Once you have release samples in play, you cannot really expect to have global 4 ADSR knobs to sort everything out, it's just not happening. It's more complicated than that.

ED I just KNEW you'd be first to answer lol!

Thanks...you know, I guess I have to compartmentalize Albion One. In terms of attack control, EW handles that really well. There are plenty of other things I can use A1 for.

Grateful for the answer!

Tree mic, polyphonic legato on, just a touch of lush verb.

Last edited:
Polyphonic legato in Albion is really for piano roll guys, not for flat out live playing, because it depends on velocity to trigger different voices. Not really an apples to apples comparison there.

Even, without the polypn
Tsk tsk. Your google/yotube-fu is very lacking, young padawan :)

This is insane, I JUST discovered that site an hour ago LOL! But hey thanks, you are really helping me out here.

I'm going to take the time to get right into this stuff. Back later.

This is odd, as Albion One is the much more recent (improved?) library. I sure am glad I kept my Albion Legacy.

Top Bottom