What's new

VSL Synchron Elite Strings - FREE Slurred Legato update

Thank you for this. I have sent an email as well and awaiting the response. I will update here as soon as I hear back from them.

What about some music @ all the library owners? I'm still missing a real walkthrough, especially for the legatos.
:sad:

May I ask for a detailed explanation of this?
There are XF patches that control shorts via velocity and legato or sustain via modwheel.
In most libraries, either one or the other works. In Synchron Player both are possible in one patch, but there are the other variants too.

Reactions: RMH
How playable/switchable are the Synchron libs? In this example, for instance – how does pressing an F (and which F does one need to use?) behave? Or – how does one switch from Long Notes to Dynamics? Maybe the system is brilliant, and the UI looks, IMO, much better than the old VSL stuff, I wonder what the best workflow would be.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 22.43.38.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 22.43.38.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 3
for instance – how does pressing an F (and which F does one need to use?)
F~ = F-1, but you can also set it to any key you like, including CC, program change and tempo. You can see the octave on top of the Dimension (click it to change).

Reactions: Vik
F~ = F-1, but you can also set it to any key you like, including CC, program change and tempo. You can see the octave on top of the Dimension (click it to change).
Thanks. Pardon my ignorance, but is it possible to customise all this – in order to be able to change attacks or trigger portamento based on velocity, or change release with release velocity? My guess is that most people would prefer to have such options to avoid to have to use mouse clicks to select between columns and articulations.

but is it possible to customise all this – in order to be able to change attacks or trigger portamento based on velocity
Yes, this is quite easy to do.
change release with release velocity
There are Aftertouch and Aftertouch Release available as assignable parameters, but in order to change the release based on release speed you would have to enable crossfading between these two variants - so theoretical possible, but I don't know if the result will be satisfying - I would have to check this out myself.
to avoid to have to use mouse clicks to select between columns and articulations.
You don't have to use the mouse - everything is pre-mapped to be used with keyswitches, but as mentioned you can also customize it as you like.

Top Bottom