What's new

New Spitfire Strings incoming.

I’ve had a quick play with Aperture. Like it. It’s a rather nice concept going from a small to a large number of players. I didn’t buy anything to specifically get Aperture so for me it’s like having a bonus library. And of course, it sounds excellent. It’s made up from the String libraries from the SSO... I have all of those so it’s a sound I’m very familiar with.

I think quite a lot of people bought stuff to specifically get Aperture. People will be so pissed if it ever gets released in the future.

I’ve had a quick play with Aperture. Like it. It’s a rather nice concept going from a small to a large number of players. I didn’t buy anything to specifically get Aperture so for me it’s like having a bonus library. And of course, it sounds excellent. It’s made up from the String libraries from the SSO... I have all of those so it’s a sound I’m very familiar with.

I think quite a lot of people bought stuff to specifically get Aperture. People will be so pissed if it ever gets released in the future.
I dunno, I think the SF team really doesn't want to stir up any more controversy w.r.t. this library. That's why I think they won't be offering this and/or an expanded version in the future

I dunno, I think the SF team really doesn't want to stir up any more controversy w.r.t. this library. That's why I think they won't be offering this and/or an expanded version in the future

I haven’t said they will. Only that people would be pissed if they do.

Yeh it would seem odd that they would just throw aperture strings in the bin.

I see no reason why they couldn't just release it after black friday as a priced release.

Will be difficult for them to do now though as they would then have been lying about it only being available this Black Friday...
I have a strong feeling they meant "only the free version will not be available".These guys have marketing down.

Right. The "Black Edition" will only be available just this once, but I'm sure there will be a much bigger edition released in the not too distant future. The word "edition" in the title is a pretty big indicator.
Right ..no complaints I like the libraries I bought to get it for free.They can make the Black and Blue All Over Edition as far as I care,...sounds great.

Aperture Strings, Aperture Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion. They are at play at Spitfire :)
Do the owners of Aperture feel like this is a brand new and innovative tool to use?
Not just a recycling of other libraries in a new package?

I think SF will offer an expanded version with new sample across the board and new options so it will be sufficiently different that folks won’t get upset. Aperture has me thinking about how I could make a similar library for various other instruments through resampling (refractions for very soft horns, for clarinets, for voice, etc.). The larger concept I’m a bit less certain about except for voice and maybe horn because ensemble size does not generally expand to the extent it does for strings.

I find the main Aperture patches interesting and inspiring but the patches I really love are the refractions.

I think SF will offer an expanded version with new sample across the board and new options so it will be sufficiently different that folks won’t get upset. Aperture has me thinking about how I could make a similar library for various other instruments through resampling (refractions for very soft horns, for clarinets, for voice, etc.). The larger concept I’m a bit less certain about except for voice and maybe horn because ensemble size does not generally expand to the extent it does for strings.

I find the main Aperture patches interesting and inspiring but the patches I really love are the refractions.
Yes! The refractions are gorgeous, and are a breeze to play.

I'm still not sure. I was going to get british drama toolkit. But if I take another library I can get Aperture. Is it worth to have in your arsenal?
I was thinking about getting symphonic evolutions also to achieve the amount to get Aperture. I'm looking for a nice library to lay underneath piano scores. I also looked at heavyocity Rhythmic textures , but the sound seems a bit sharp. But I do like the runs and loops in that library.
Would the symphonic evolutions be a good investment? I already own Albion one, Arks 1/2, berlin inspire 1/2, css,csss

Top Bottom