What's new

New Spitfire Strings incoming.

The "The Black Edition Aperture Strings" is only available at Black Friday. Easy to make a "The White Edition" or simply an (maybe bigger) "Aperture Strings" library later on. Then you can only accuse them of marketing babble, if you want, but not of lying.
It really does come down to technicalities.

The "The Black Edition Aperture Strings" is only available at Black Friday. Easy to make a "The White Edition" or simply an (maybe bigger) "Aperture Strings" library later on. Then you can only accuse them of marketing babble, if you want, but not of lying.
In Kontakt and your spitfire account it shows as just “Aperture Strings”

Doesn’t mean they cant come up with a new name to create a larger version... Aperture Strings Professional?

Let us know how you find it. I love it, one of their best in my opinion

I was able to spend some time with the BH Toolkit today. My first impression is that everything sounds very good. I love how vast the library is. There are so many patches/articulations, and some of the combos are quite charming. It also has some of the best string fx I've ever come across. I'll be using the living sh$! out of those! The chords patch is awesome as well. I'm hoping SF has a chord chart floating around somewhere for it, because they are right up my alley!

Overall, i can see this library being used for multiple projects and genres. Not just orchestral, but also pop/rock/indie projects.

I'm quite happy with the purchase!

Except, i think only having one mic position is part of the "aperture" concept.

The breakdown of sections could be a part of a main Aperture library, for sure.

But I thought it was already clear that the bigger sections in Aperture Strings were derived from pre-existing Spitfire libraries: Studio Solo Strings, Chamber Strings and Symphonic Strings.

The Pinhole Ensemble is a brand new recording however.

Last edited:
But I thought it was already clear that the bigger sections in Aperture Strings were derived from pre-existing Spitfire libraries: Studio Strings, Chamber Strings and Symphonic Strings.

Oh, that's interesting! They did one hell of a job mixing all of those together!

Aperture Strings were derived from pre-existing Spitfire libraries: Studio Strings, Chamber Strings and Symphonic Strings.

not Studio Strings

Pinhole, Solo, Chamber and Symphonic

Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the dynamics on the spiccatos? Or is it all decided by velocity? Seems like it's the only patch where the mod wheel does nothing.

Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the dynamics on the spiccatos? Or is it all decided by velocity? Seems like it's the only patch where the mod wheel does nothing.
According to the video (don't have it yet) there's an option called "cc mapped vel." which should do exatly what you want.

Well, I caved in and bought Epic Strings, Chamber Strings and consequently also Aperture Strings. I don't need another string library, I don't need another string library, I don't need another string library...

Been thinking about picking up Chamber. Maybe I'll hold off until the Christmas sale.

Top Bottom