What's new

New Spitfire Strings incoming.

Let us know how you find it. I love it, one of their best in my opinion.

Will do! I'm happy to hear that's its been received well. Its been on my radar ever since it was released, so I'm happy to finally have it scratched off my bucket list!

Also, I'm a huge Elfman fan, who is a huge Herrmann fan, so i had even more reason to buy it. :dancedance:

One day someone will be writing on a forum:

Them: Yeah I just bought it, I'm a huge Mike Fox fan, he's an Elfman fan, who was a huge Herrmann fan you know?
Me: yeah yeah I know.

I thought the exact same thing. Doesn't make any financial sense for them to make a library like this only to scrap it. I think it will be recycled somehow later down the road.
Isn't the current library limited to one microphone position? And no breakdown of sections. A library just adding those two things seems like an obvious thing to do and enough different to not step on the Black edition ensemble.

Isn't the current library limited to one microphone position? And no breakdown of sections. A library just adding those two things seems like an obvious thing to do and enough different to not step on the Black edition ensemble.
Except, i think only having one mic position is part of the "aperture" concept.

The breakdown of sections could be a part of a main Aperture library, for sure.

Except, i think only having one mic position is part of the "aperture" concept.

The breakdown of sections could be a part of a main Aperture library, for sure.
True, but I think have some control over mics and exactly how the "aperture" opens would be helpful.

Huh..
Just went to spring for Epic Strings (would be useful for a track I'm working on) assuming it wouldn't be discounted for BF. But it seems the "add to cart" button is locked with a timer, as are all the other products..

Looks like I'll have to wait and make a saving of £7.50 then..:)

Were you able to unlock the discount on epic strings?

You may have just convinced me to spend $350...

now to agonize over completing collections to get Chamber Strings, or go to Studio Professional. Or worse. Wish there was a nice Hauschka LCO Textures bundle for under $400. :P

yeah I was hoping for a 2019 bundle like they did for 2018.

Or maybe just sell the thing! Like every other product they have.
Throw it away for free for £299 purchases also. How difficult would that have been?
Charging a "buy in" exclusive of £299 is what people are mostly astonished by.

It's ridiculous and I hope this doesn't become a common theme of theirs. However, if get a free "Revolving Anvil" at the Christmas wishlist for one purchase I'll deny saying this (I'll delete this post).

Here's one who has family in Scotland ... picsou.png :)

True, but I think have some control over mics and exactly how the "aperture" opens would be helpful.
You bet!

Funny enough, I've just spent about 30 minutes with Aperture, and honestly? I feel the mic placement is PERFECT! They managed to capture the best distance with the mic and strings. Not sure how they could be so precise, but it really is perfectly blended. That said, I'm not sure if i would have any interest in other mic positions at this point. Then again, i haven't tried mixing it with anything yet, so we'll see!

EDNA Earth may fit the bill. Bought Ton of EDNA because price was good, I enjoy the Steamband stuff in the Albions, and I liked what I heard on the EDNA walkthroughs. Playing around with it a bit yesterday, I found the dark side of EDNA especially nice.

I'll find out soon enough. :) I got the expansion too.

Yeh it would seem odd that they would just throw aperture strings in the bin.

I see no reason why they couldn't just release it after black friday as a priced release.

Will be difficult for them to do now though as they would then have been lying about it only being available this Black Friday...

You bet!

Funny enough, I've just spent about 30 minutes with Aperture, and honestly? I feel the mic placement is PERFECT! They managed to capture the best distance with the mic and strings. Not sure how they could be so precise, but it really is perfectly blended. That said, I'm not sure if i would have any interest in other mic positions at this point. Then again, i haven't tried mixing it with anything yet, so we'll see!
Still waiting for SF to deliver my copy so I can't yet comment other than from having watched the various walkthroughs. And I wonder how mics would work with sections as opposed to the ensemble. Very much looking forward to being able to mess around with it though.

they would then have been lying about it only being available this Black Friday...
The "The Black Edition Aperture Strings" is only available at Black Friday. Easy to make a "The White Edition" or simply an (maybe bigger) "Aperture Strings" library later on. Then you can only accuse them of marketing babble, if you want, but not of lying.

Top Bottom