What's new

New Spitfire Strings incoming.

Its definitely in there!!

Screenshot 2019-11-29 16.16.29.png Screenshot 2019-11-29 16.17.03.png
Ok so I have just checked out HZ Strings and made sure it is up to date. BUT no sign of any Multi-Output options (Attached). So I'm wondering if have you got yourself a special edition of HZ Strings ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
Ok so I have just checked out HZ Strings and made sure it is up to date. BUT no sign of any Multi-Output options (Attached). So I'm wondering if have you got yourself a special edition of HZ Strings ?
An update following a chat with the Spitfire support team this morning (thank you Jack and Harry). It seems the multi-output options are NOT currently available, but will be made available in an update which is due out in the coming days.
So we mere mortals will have to be patient ;) :)

This will definitely make HZ Strings more useful to our core studio template and projects going forward, and, if multi-outputs are made available to the BBCSO then that could also be a purchase in the future (if / when its on sale).

Just watched this video. I'm not gonna lie, i like these strings much more than the strings in BBCO.

My assumption is that there's going to be a larger or different version of this current Aperture strings version "The Black Edition"

Last edited:
My assumption is that there's going to be a larger version of this current Aperture strings version "The Black Edition"
Note that the full name of library is not "Aperture Strings: Black Edition", but rather "The Black Edition 2019 — Aperture Strings". I may be wrong, but I understood this to mean simply that they're planning to do a similar BF-exclusive "freebie" thing in the future as well.

EDIT: Actually, Christian seems to more or less confirm this on the new AS video (around 1:40):

Last edited:
Hi guys! I noticed the "variation" modulation option in the Refractions-Patch of the aperture strings. I'm new to spitfire library's, does anybody know which MIDI CC is controlling the variation?

^ I don't have this library, but usually with Spitfire's Kontakt libraries you can just hover your mouse over to the controller and the small info box on the lower end of Kontakt should tell you which CC (if any) the controller is assigned to

^ I don't have this library, but usually with Spitfire's Kontakt libraries you can just hover your mouse over to the controller and the small info box on the lower end of Kontakt should tell you which CC (if any) the controller is assigned to

Thank you tomosane! :) I appear to be a little blind.

Just watched this video. I'm not gonna lie, i like these strings much more than the strings in BBCO.

You may have just convinced me to spend $350...

now to agonize over completing collections to get Chamber Strings, or go to Studio Professional. Or worse. Wish there was a nice Hauschka LCO Textures bundle for under $400. :P

At times the sound feels like listening to a string orchestra played through a church organ. But that doesn't seem like a bad thing.

You may have just convinced me to spend $350...

now to agonize over completing collections to get Chamber Strings, or go to Studio Professional. Or worse. Wish there was a nice Hauschka LCO Textures bundle for under $400. :P
I ended up going with the BH Toolkit. It was something I've been wanting for a while, and the price was just over the required $349.

My assumption is that there's going to be a larger or different version of this current Aperture strings version "The Black Edition"
I thought the exact same thing. Doesn't make any financial sense for them to make a library like this only to scrap it. I think it will be recycled somehow later down the road.

I ended up going with the BH Toolkit. It was something I've been wanting for a while, and the price was just over the required $349.

That was the first sample library I bought, I think at Christmas 2017. Love its little quirks, but it's often hard for me to fit it in to my music. [That is to say, it's aspirational: I wish I made the kind of music it was suited for, but I tend to be too much of an improviser.]

Great choice :)

Let us know how you find it. I love it, one of their best in my opinion.

now to agonize over completing collections to get Chamber Strings, or go to Studio Professional.

fwiw I have just been clearing out projects. Opened an old idea using Studio Strings Pro... damn that thing sounds nice. No idea why I don't use it as much. I don't have the Brass or Woods though.

fwiw I have just been clearing out projects. Opened an old idea using Studio Strings Pro... damn that thing sounds nice. No idea why I don't use it as much. I don't have the Brass or Woods though.

I know! I took out BDT again today and effortlessly broke my heart.

Top Bottom