What's new

New Spitfire Strings incoming.

Alex Fraser

Requires ☕️
Last edited:
Got an E-Mail von SA, but I think it's something different:

We are excited to inform you that as an owner of the legacy Albion ONE, you will receive our new library Original — Epic Strings for free, which is being released today. You will receive an email informing you when your download is ready.

Epic Strings features content from the legacy Albion ONE which we have updated. The new library is simplified and presented in our free, easy-to-use plugin. Featuring 11 articulations and 3 signals (Close, Room and Stretch).

Can I keep using the Kontakt libraries? — Yes, you don't have to download the new versions and even if you do, you can keep the old and new versions of the product if you like. If you have any other questions please look at our FAQ here.

Thank you again for your continued support, and speak soon!

"Legacy Albion ONE" - is that old original Albion or the newer "ONE"?
Is the new now the old and the old the older? o_O

The email makes me think they ported legacy Albion One Strings to the new player. Aperture is something else entirely.

I'm sure the good SF folk will be along shortly, but heads up...
https://www.soundonsound.com/news/spitfire-audio-introduce-limited-edition-aperture-libraryWow. Those guys are serious.

I did not find anything on the site of SF no demo or video ?
Maybe I need glasses?
Who has info?

I did not find anything on the site of SF no demo or video ?
Maybe I need glasses?
Who has info?
The email makes me think they ported legacy Albion One Strings to the new player. Aperture is something else entirely.
Agreed, two separate things. Nothing yet on the SF site.
I can hear the machinery of the Spitfire Marketing Machine rumbling to life..

Interesting that they ported the legacy Albion One Strings to the new player rather than moving the Albion One first. I also wonder what the pricing for Epic Strings will be.

It would be a good idea for SF, to offer us parts of their best libraries, at interesting prices, it would meet the needs of many of us, I'm wrong maybe.

Thank you for your feedback, and Paul and Christian will start by saying: "We are really excited to present you etc ..." :)
And if I download them I’ll then have these strings in three places on my SSDs. (Original, legacy in new A1, and here, though I’m not clear if the legacy library set includes everything in this library.)

And if I download them I’ll then have these strings in three places on my SSDs. (Original, legacy in new A1, and here, though I’m not clear if the legacy library set includes everything in this library.)
I'm slightly confused though - the email lists the source as being Albion ONE - but that's the specific branding given to the second version of the library, not the original "Albion I"

The email specifically said “legacy Albion One” which I took to mean the legacy Albion I Strings that also come with Albion One. But I admit the email isn’t clear. It also says the library has been “simplified.” Since it was never especially complicated except with respect to the legatos being divided over several registers and some effects I’m not sure what that might mean except fewer samples.

Hi everyone! All the information you need about Aperture Strings is available in the Sound On Sound article linked above but I have created a quick article on our support site to reiterate a few of the points.

Originals - Epic Strings is a different product which draws on content from the original, now retired Albion Volume 1, so owners of that product will get it for free. Ben

The email specifically said “legacy Albion One” which I took to mean the legacy Albion I Strings that also come with Albion One. But I admit the email isn’t clear. It also says the library has been “simplified.” Since it was never especially complicated except with respect to the legatos being divided over several registers and some effects I’m not sure what that might mean except fewer samples.
Cool. I was always sniffy about missing out on the original A1 so this is good news. Hopefully the brass and woods follow..

Last edited:
Top Bottom