What's new

New Spitfire Strings incoming.

I got them today along with studio woods and Kepler.
Because it’s Black Thursday I could only do a quick fiddle about with it but it’s usefulness for swells was readily apparent. A good swell is worth at least, what...15 minutes saved while you’re working?

Finally downloaded and installed Aperture Strings.

My first impression is, damn, this string library is beautifully crafted, seamless transition between dynamics, the sonic character of this library is crisp and warm. And finally, the vibrato control is not the on/off switch of vibrato, it provides smooth transition from non-vib to vib across all dynamics.

Very happy to receive this wonderful library during Black Friday, and I'm super excited to receive BBC.

Finally downloaded and installed Aperture Strings.

My first impression is, damn, this string library is beautifully crafted, seamless transition between dynamics, the sonic character of this library is crisp and warm. And finally, the vibrato control is not the on/off switch of vibrato, it provides smooth transition from non-vib to vib across all dynamics.

Very happy to receive this wonderful library during Black Friday, and I'm super excited to receive BBC.
How big is Aperture on the hard drive?

Not liking Spitfire's new interface at all. Why oh why don't they provide for separate Microphone routing in their GUI ? It would make things so much simpler than having to load up a new instance for each Mic. HZ Strings is the worst I've seen for Mic routing. 26 separately loaded instances for each articulation!! Phew.

Not liking Spitfire's new interface at all. Why oh why don't they provide for separate Microphone routing in their GUI ? It would make things so much simpler than having to load up a new instance for each Mic. HZ Strings is the worst I've seen for Mic routing. 26 separately loaded instances for each articulation!! Phew.

I assume you mean sending each mic to a seperate DAW channel? This can be done with BBC SO and Paul Thompson has said the upcoming HZS update will incorporate the improvements from BBC so I assume will be possible with both.

I've confirmed this works in Logic, not sure about other DAWs.

I assume you mean sending each mic to a seperate DAW channel? This can be done with BBC SO and Paul Thompson has said the upcoming HZS update will incorporate the improvements from BBC so I assume will be possible with both.

I've confirmed this works in Logic, not sure about other DAWs.
Thats really encouraging news - thanks. My fingers and toes and VSTs are firmly crossed and hoping this really does happen :)

Thats really encouraging news - thanks. My fingers and toes and VSTs are firmly crossed and hoping this really does happen :)

Just FYI, this is a link to my post in the feature request thread about this, in BBC SO with Logic.

I do have to say Aperture does sound splendid. its intended for much more I'm sure but as a writing patch I have found it very inspirational to have all the sections spread across the keyboard in a single patch, and then the single dynamic control to give you a few players to many is just marvellous!

top work SA

Top Bottom