What's new

New Spitfire Evolutions plugins

These libraries sound as appetizing as ever, though the new plugin is a real shame. I don't understand why most of its screen space is occupied with a giant knob that can't be hidden, or why it's no longer possible to download the Kontakt versions of libraries that have been rereleased like this or the Labs series.

Anyway, which one would you all recommend for someone who's only intending to purchase one of these evolutions libraries? I'm currently leaning toward either Fragile String Evolutions or Olafur Chamber Evolutions, as Fragile seems pretty well-rounded for both delicate and more eerie/unsettling uses, and it seems like either that or Olafur should combine nicely with Chamber Strings (and Olafur for the moment still runs in Kontakt, which is a plus...)

These libraries sound as appetizing as ever, though the new plugin is a real shame. I don't understand why most of its screen space is occupied with a giant knob that can't be hidden, or why it's no longer possible to download the Kontakt versions of libraries that have been rereleased like this or the Labs series.

Anyway, which one would you all recommend for someone who's only intending to purchase one of these evolutions libraries? I'm currently leaning toward either Fragile String Evolutions or Olafur Chamber Evolutions, as Fragile seems pretty well-rounded for both delicate and more eerie/unsettling uses, and it seems like either that or Olafur should combine nicely with Chamber Strings (and Olafur for the moment still runs in Kontakt, which is a plus...)

The first olafur evo, is the best IMHO. Because sound is very raw and textural. However evo 2 (Fragile) is also very beautiful. It depends on the kind of sound you want. Fragile is more smooth and velvet, and beauty. Olafur evo is more raw, tense, and penetrating.

Last edited:
I'll take that into consideration, thanks! Would you say Olafur Evolutions is more versatile than Olafur Chamber Evolutions for capturing a range of moods?

The first is about the material Olafur made with Broadchurch OST, it's more specific, dramatic, tense, and raw. It's crispy.

Okay. I know this has probably been asked. As someone who has the original 4 evos in kontakt form I hesitate updating and frankly I don't want to waste time downloading and sacrificing my hard drive space for the player version of these. Is there any noticeable difference? I know there are new presets, but anything else? Any difference in play-ability? Sound quality? Overall quality? Just want an answer from someone who has both and was able to compare the two. I basically just want to know if it's pretty much still the same product (s). Thanks in advance!

From a UI perspective, I have to agree with a lot of the other comments - the design is just... not good. From an aesthetic perspective, the weird color swirling and grid background is pretty distracting and unattractive, kinda makes me feel like I'm making music inside a cage actually. They would've been better off with flat background, with some subtle gradient maybe. From a functional perspective, the one area that you'll interact with the most by far - the grid and sliders - are so so tiny... My hands already ache just looking at them. Why dedicate half the UI to three controls that will most likely be driven by MIDI anyway?

It's good to know that Spitfire team is at least listening to feedback, hopefully they actually take it on board and make some improvements.

SA - Fragile String Evolutions - Pure Tone 01

SA - Fragile String Evolutions - Pure Tone 01.JPG

I really like this, there's a gorgeous purity to it where you can just really take in the textures.

I like the heavy, reverb but I wonder if the textures might be even more potent with just a little less?

Last edited:
I really like this, there a gorgeous purity to it where you can just really take in the textures.

I like the heavy, reverb but I wonder if the textures might be even more potent with just a little less?

Thx :)

You're completely right for the reverb, I pushed the button too high !

Reactions: ism
Top Bottom