What's new

New Spitfire Evolutions plugins

ptram

Hi,

Spitfire is continuing to move their libraries to their own plugin. This time, it is with some of the EVO Grids.

I like very much the new look, much more delicate and refined. But are still there advantages in the older Kontakt version?

(broken link removed)

Paolo

Are you sure? There's been no announcement and those names in the FAQs don't seem to match any existing product names.

Hmm looks like you stumbled on something yet to be announced! Looks like a new bunch of libraries & a collection

"
IF I ALREADY OWN ONE OR MORE OF THESE PRODUCTS, DO I GET A DISCOUNT ON THE THEORY OF EVOLUTIONS COLLECTION?

Yes. Log in and add the collection to your cart and the price will be automatically calculated for you. Remember, this Collection is only available until Thursday 21st March 2019.
"

An Upgrade To Your Evolutions library
  • mail

We want to inform you of the new upgrade coming to the Evo Grid 1, Evo Grid 2 and Evo Grid 4 libraries. As you own one or more of these libraries you are eligible for the free upgrade(s).

Introducing the new libraries — Angular String Evolutions (formerly Evo Grid 1), Fragile String Evolutions (formerly Evo Grid 2) and Woodwind Evolutions (formerly Evo Grid 4). As well as the same content we all know and love, the update reimagines the evolution grid inside its own dedicated easy-to-use plugin, with the addition of an all-new selection of expertly curated presets created by our team, for instant playability and inspiration.

What do you do next? — You will receive an order confirmation email from us as we process your upgrade, and then you will receive another email informing you when your download is ready.

Can I keep using the Kontakt libraries? — Yes, you don’t have to download the new versions and even if you do, you can keep the old and new versions of the product if you like.

If you have any other questions please look at our FAQ here

Thank you again for your continued support, and speak soon!

All the best,

Christian, Paul

and the Spitfire Team

Well, am planning on picking these up anyway, so I'll happily cover some DL costs in exchange for a bundle intro-price. :grin:

I'm cuckoo for Evo 4 (you can get inspired for woodwinds in a big way there), plus Evos 3 and 2 are great whenever you're stuck for rhythms and pads, respectively.

Although the update for Evo 1 sounds great, I can't recommend 1 if you have 2. Just me. One of the few Spitfire purchases I regret.

This is a very great news, I personally like a lot the interface of this SA plug in, I use Kontakt because I have no choice, so, an alternative is very welcome. I would like to thank Spitfire Audio for this generous upgrade.:2thumbs:

I like both the Kontakt and the Spitfire interfaces. Ideally I’d have liked the new versions to be NKS compatible but as the Spitfire version (presumably like the other products) gives patch previews a-la Komplete Kontrol the only thing missing is the light guide, which for these libraries is not a major issue.

Am wondering about Albions 2, 3 & 4 which are among the few “big” products not to be NKS yet. Presumably at some point they will either be upgraded or moved over to the Spitfire interface?

Mmmm, not too excited by this. I was hoping for NKS-versions of all the evo's, as I like the lightguide very much in the ones that are NKS (Tundra's Vral and OACE). When you randomize, the guide shows you which type of evo you will get for each key. Also: very easy to change parameters with the knobs of my S61. Very handy and inspirational. Think I'll stick with the evo's I already have (which are the ones I mentioned and Evo 3). I do hope Spitfire continue to offer support and updates to their NKS-libraries, as I have invested heavily in these.

I have nothing against the Spitfire player. But after a year, I wish it would support the concept of multi-product hosting within a Single Spitfire player. Having a separate VST plugin for each instrument doesn't scale well (E.g., a defect must be fixed and re-installed in all versions of the player). And it would be much easier to mix/match across their product line within their player, it if was one VST plugin. Clearly, not the end of the world, as the current approach works. Perhaps in the future Spitfire will consider this?

What I don't like very much in how the evolution of the Evolutions is evolving, is that you have to keep both versions in your drives until you convert every piece to the new format. And these are not light-weighted libraries!

Paolo

How does the memory management of the Spitfire player compare with Kontakt? Not that big a deal for evos perhaps, but if this is the direction...

I suspect the Spitfire player will evolve over time, and am not really sure what the fuss is about with these releases today. If one isn't happy with them or the updates then just stick with what you have. Seems every time something is released, even when it's for free, someone finds something negative to say about it. :) As for me, today I'll just say thanks to everyone at Spitfire for the revised libraries and move on to assessing them...and hopefully working with them in the days ahead.

Top Bottom