What's new

New SCULPTOR: Live Impacts Module (from the makers of DRONAR)

Time+Space

Hi all

We are really pleased to announce the release of SCULPTOR: Live Impacts Module - the first in a new series of sound design tools for Kontakt, produced by Gothic Instruments who brought us the incredibly popular 'DRONAR: Hybrid Module' earlier this year.

With sound sources including metal, stone, fire and explosions all processed by Hollywood trailer sound designer Alessandro Camnasio, SCULPTOR Live Impacts allows you to create monstrous slamming impacts, ear splitting strikes and thundering blows in an instant.

The interface displays a set of simple, sound-shaping dials that also allow for a high level of customisation...

Set the PRE-WHOOSH dial to create the sense of a high speed incoming projectile, heighten the tension by adjusting the GAP dial to increase the gap between the whoosh and the impact. Select RANDOM for an endless set of new impact sounds.

With over 80 presets included you can get monumental-sounding results that induce panic, tension, fear and excitement in seconds.

Available now for the introductory price of £43.95 / €54.35 / $63.35 until Monday 1st August. (Normally £54.95 / €67.95 / $79.20). Customers who purchase this product will be entitled to further loyalty discounts on future Sculptor modules due for release later this year. Requires full version of Kontakt.

For full details visit: http://www.timespace.com/product/SCULPT-110/3/10000128/gothic_instruments_sculptor_live_impacts_module.html

Got a question about SCULPTOR? Gothic Instruments´ Dan Graham will be taking over the Time+Space Facebook page on Wednesday 20th July between 4 and 5pm (BST). Head over there now to add a question to the post in advance.

catsass

Señor Member
Quite reminiscent of Zero-G's Impact Designer. I'd be interested to see a side by side comparison.

Last edited:

catsass

Señor Member
Hi Catsass, Impact Designer was also created by Dan and Adam of Gothic Instruments for Zero-G (not Big Fish!) back in 2014. Sculptor features all new sounds which are more 'hellish', and it has been developed so it's a lot more instant for producing impressive results. Dan touches on it in our interview with him here: http://blog.timespace.com/2016/07/dan-graham-introduces-new-kontakt-sound-design-series-sculptor/
Oh, oops! Yes, Zero-G. I'll go back and fix that.
Thanks for the quick response.

ChazC

Cryogenically frozen in 1986 and just thawed out
Looking forward to the Sculptor series, the Zero-G designers, although handy, always feel like they're lacking something. The loyalty discount for further purchases in the series is very welcome (as is the actual price point!). Looking forward to getting it downloaded!

Seledrex

First thing this reminded me of was Rise & Hit from Native Instruments. However, I think this does a much more impressive job creating impacts. Definitely find the Velocity/Filter control really interesting; could see that being used to create some awesome rhythmic sections.

Last edited:

catsass

Señor Member
First thing this reminded me of was Rise & Fall from Native Instruments. However, I think this does a much more impressive job creating impacts. Definitely find the Velocity/Filter control really interesting; could see that being used to create some awesome rhythmic sections.
I think you mean Rise and Hit. Rise and Fall is what my dopamine, norepinephrine, and oxytocin levels do when I receive, and then open a check from my PRO.

Wes Antczak

Oh, I need to pay attention more to the names of the people behind the products I really like. :) I have the trio of impact design libraries from Zero-G and I think they are brilliant. Very flexible in terms of being able to tailor the impacts to your specific needs and timing, build-up, etc. It's a great way to add drama to your productions. Really happy to see Gothic Instruments coming out with some interesting things that build on that foundation!

OP
Time+Space

Time+Space

Hi
Oh, I need to pay attention more to the names of the people behind the products I really like. :) I have the trio of impact design libraries from Zero-G and I think they are brilliant. Very flexible in terms of being able to tailor the impacts to your specific needs and timing, build-up, etc. It's a great way to add drama to your productions. Really happy to see Gothic Instruments coming out with some interesting things that build on that foundation!
Hi Wes, great to hear such positive comments, have you also seen Gothic Instruments' first title (under the GI brand) - DRONAR: Hybrid Module? Here's the details: http://www.timespace.com/product/DRONARHE-110/3/10000128/dronar_hybrid_module_by_gothic_instruments.html

Mystic

Any word when Dronar is going to get some new modules? The one thing really making me pause with Impacts is that they are saying both will have new modules come out for it and owners will get a significant discount on them but we've yet to hear anything on when we'll start seeing them come out. Not to take away from base products but I dislike when companies don't follow through with things like that.

OP
Time+Space

Time+Space

Any word when Dronar is going to get some new modules? The one thing really making me pause with Impacts is that they are saying both will have new modules come out for it and owners will get a significant discount on them but we've yet to hear anything on when we'll start seeing them come out. Not to take away from base products but I dislike when companies don't follow through with things like that.
Hi Mystic, the main reason for the Dronar second module delay has been because the guys started to build in a new rhythmical engine which entailed a greater degree of technical work than was anticipated during a time when the company's scripter was being pulled in lots of directions with other projects. They are very nearly there now and we are expecting to release Dronar: Guitarscapes Module in early September. Once done, the other modules will follow in relatively quick succession (one every 1-2 months). As for the other Sculptor modules - you should also start to see these in the Autumn too. Please be assured that there are definitely plenty of things in the pipeline and the loyalty discount still stands (more info on that to follow when the second module is ready). Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions. BTW, in case you haven't already seen it, there's a little more info about Guitarscapes and a first draft GUI image on our blog here: http://blog.timespace.com/2016/07/dan-graham-introduces-new-kontakt-sound-design-series-sculptor/

doctornine

I'll admit I'm biased, but this thing is fantastic - not just for in your face impacts, but also you can get some really twisted atmospherics out of it too ;)

dagmarpiano

Hi there Mystic - Dan Graham here, co-owner of Gothic Instruments. Yes very sorry about this. We had all the audio and a working prototype of the second 'Guitarscapes' module ready and felt confident to announce that part 2 was coming soon, then we hit technical difficulties with a new rhythmical engine and decided to release the first SCULPTOR module before the 2nd DRONAR module to buy a bit of time to get it right.

As far as I can tell the technical issues are resolved (to be confirmed once we put it all back together) and we are now mainly tweaking the audio files to ensure rhythmical accuracy and good loop points, with all the design work done. We expect to have a solid beta version finished in about 2 weeks, then a release at the start of September.

After this it looks to me that we have the engine in place and can then speed up the release process. We already have live brass and strings recorded for future modules.

Sorry again about the delays, hopefully just teething problems.

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
OP
Time+Space

Time+Space

Following Reuben's suggestion in his Samplecast review of Sculptor that he would have liked to have had access to the raw sample content audio files, Gothic Instruments have made his wish come true!

Now, when you buy and download Sculptor, you'll also receive a 1.46GB pack of .aif samples, more details here: http://www.timespace.com/news/4569/sculptor:-live-impacts---now-with-free-1.5gb-impact-sounds-pack.html
http://www.timespace.com/news/4569/sculptor%3A-live-impacts---now-with-free-1.5gb-impact-sounds-pack.html
Customers who already own Sculptor should have just received an email with details on how to download this pack.

Also, as a reminder, the 20% intro offer will end on Monday (1st).

Top Bottom