What's new

New Roland A-88mk2 is ALMOST perfect

Alex_86

Hi everyone! I bought this keyboard. When playing, I feel a delay, a small one, but it's annoying. It does not matter, what buffer size is set in the audio card settings. Is this a feature of this keyboard? I had Roland RD2000 for about year and I don't remember the same problem, when I used it as a midi keyboard. The question came up, should I return it or is this some sort of temporary bug in the drivers for this keyboard ?

mybadmemory

I would be very surprised if any latency you’re experiencing came from the midi keyboard. It’s almost certainly computer related, unless you’re connecting via Bluetooth rather than usb.

Alex_86

I connect via USB. Maybe it's my subjective feelings. And maybe I just got used to a really fast PHA-50, and after that PHA-4 Standart seems to be some kind of retarded. When playing, I feel a gap between the way I press a key and what I hear afterwards. I tried the old Casio Privia 120 and it's a little faster than the A88MK2. I think it's the keyboard and I just wasn't prepared for that experience. I like the keybed itself when playing without connecting to a PC, but playing through VSTi I don't feel the connection between the keyboard. I regret selling the RD2000.

Snoobydoobydoo

Weird, i dont feel any latency at all, recoring is pretty spot on and on par with others i have used. Maybe could it be the velocity settings? Some libraries/vsti‘s respond slower and feel „disconnected“ from the input sometimes.
I haven’t installed any drivers for the A882 though, just pnp. I would check the settings/preset vel. curves in the A88 settings also.

Alex_86

I don't know, but it feels like you set the buffer size to 512 or 1024 in audio card settings, when the first 3-4 curve presets are selected. The feeling of not connecting your touching the keyboard and what you hear in the end. Specifically on this keyboard, because it's a little slugish may be. I don't know, I've never felt that way before on other keyboards. But anyway, now it`s ok and I`m happy now.

mscp

I don't know, but it feels like you set the buffer size to 512 or 1024 in audio card settings, when the first 3-4 curve presets are selected. The feeling of not connecting your touching the keyboard and what you hear in the end. Specifically on this keyboard, because it's a little slugish may be. I don't know, I've never felt that way before on other keyboards. But anyway, now it`s ok and I`m happy now.
Connect it directly to a synth or sound module via MIDI. Then you will know for sure if it's computer related or not.

Top Bottom