What's new

NEW Release - String Studio VS-3 from AAS

rogsound5

Applied Acoustics Systems announce the release of String Studio VS-3, a one-of-a-kind Oscillating String Synthesizer.

The String Studio synthesizer swaps the traditional oscillator, filter, and envelope pattern for real-life string instrument components. String Studio VS‑3 delivers stunning guitars, basses, harps, clavinets, bowed instruments, percussion, as well as rich and animated tones that blend the warmth, naturalness, and density of real-life with innovative timbres from weird and wonderful instruments.

https://ilio.com/products/aas-instruments/sstudio

Brand New Features

With over 800 professionally crafted presets covering 22 sound categories, String Studio VS‑3 never fails to deliver inspiration. Two independent layers, stacked or split, allow its versatility to shine. Regardless of where it leads you, String Studio VS-3 is the creative alternative to ordinary sound.

Introductory pricing is 50% off until January 21,2018. During the introductory period, any orders of String Studio VS-3 or upgrades from String Studio VS-2 will include the new Sound Pack "String Theory" free of charge.

https://ilio.com/products/aas-instruments/sstudio

For any questions please contact ILIO:

1-800-747-4546
[email protected]

String Studio VS-3 is a really nice upgrade. Having dual modulators and a dual sound structure opens up a whole new world of possibilities. May I ask, is the String Theory promotion only for purchases made through Ilio? I don't see any mention of it at the AAS site. Unless I missed it!

AAS is also including the preset pack with upgrades from VS-1 and VS-2.

Have you upgraded and did you receive the String Theory pack as part of your upgrade? I am asking because unless I am missing something, I did not receive it. So I need to know before contacting them. I can also appreciate that the promotion might only apply to certain circumstances (like e.g. purchasing from a third party vendor, etc.). If that's the case, no worries - the upgrade does come with other signature presets already and String Theory is currently on promo for $19. Mainly just making sure before purchasing something that I already have or should have! My specific upgrade included Objec Delay, which I had been condsidering geting for a while now, so I feel that I received good value already. As I said, just making sure...

I upgraded and String Theory was included.
It looks like there is a new patch selection system implemented.
There’s an icon that looks like a factory billowing out smoke. That’s the factory presets. When you click that a drop down menu appears. For me, String Theory was available at the bottom of the list of all the other expansion packs.

n
I upgraded and String Theory was included.
It looks like there is a new patch selection system implemented.
There’s an icon that looks like a factory billowing out smoke. That’s the factory presets. When you click that a drop down menu appears. For me, String Theory was available at the bottom of the list of all the other expansion packs.

Thank you HeliaVox. Nope, definitely not there. In that case, I will shoot of an email to AAS. Judging from the discussion at the KVR forum, it appears that there is a lot of confusion and some variations on what different people are getting offered. I guess I will see what they say. I also need to go back and note a few of the patch names in String Theory and see if they show up anywhere else. I did already have some of the older packs like Entangled Species and they did show up as part of the new installer, but I should also see if there might be an additional installer that I may have missed. Cheers!

Last edited:
Have you upgraded and did you receive the String Theory pack as part of your upgrade? ...
I'm glad HeliaVox joined the discussion, because I haven't upgraded yet (and probably won't until closer to the deadline). I was just quoting from the email I got from AAS.

String Studio VS-3 is a really nice upgrade. Having dual modulators and a dual sound structure opens up a whole new world of possibilities. May I ask, is the String Theory promotion only for purchases made through Ilio? I don't see any mention of it at the AAS site. Unless I missed it!

Hi Wes — The String Theory Sound Pack will come with any upgrade or new purchase, and all dealers will offer the free Sound Pack with the order. There are a variety of dealers you can purchase from: ILIO.com/dealers. Hope this helps clear some confusion. :)

If you're still not seeing it show up, please contact ILIO's tech support or AAS directly.

Well, this is one helluva update. Really makes String Studio sound warm and full when you want to. Congrats, Applied-Acoustics!

They're currently giving away one expansion pack (all series) of your choice free to all customers (and newsletter subscribers). Got an email this morning. Thank you!

Top Bottom