What's new

New ozone 8, Neutron 2,

Don’t know but iZotope is definitely going to be richer.
Considering I bought Neutron Advanced 10 months ago,
updating is quite expensive atm.

True, even their current upgrade sale prices seem more like their competition's regular upgrade prices. It's all the more difficult to look at this as a deal on the heels of Slate's recent everything subscription discount, Waves' 25th Anniversary sale prices, and Eventide spinoff Newfangled Audio's great introductory pricing.

Nonetheless, iZotope makes great products; and I'm sure that they'll have more than a few takers for their October sale on these new releases.

Best,

Geoff

I dont like upgrading as often as izotope suggests, so the frequency of their upgrades have made me less keen on their products over the years.

Recently, Eventide have also released some tough competition with the Elevate bundle, so Ive abandoned ship, Im afraid..

Don’t know but iZotope is definitely going to be richer.
Considering I bought Neutron Advanced 10 months ago,
updating is quite expensive atm.
This is pretty much how I feel about it. Plus, you'd need a full-time office staff just to keep track of their constant, confusing array of so-called loyalty discounts, deals and specials, and if I login to their website I see coupons for products I already own, since they don't seem to sync anything to your purchase history...

...But they do make quality audio tools. I wouldn't dispute that.

...But they do make quality audio tools. I wouldn't dispute that.
Totally agree.
That said, I'm really going for some alternatives from now on.
Personally, I do not like this business model.
Elevate bundle is a first step in that direction for me.
I also begun using some MeldaProduction products and finding them really powerful.
Steep learning curve for sure, but seriously rewarding.
Once one gets the point, it applies to the hole thing.
Dev is one guy listening/connecting with users.
Could almost say exact opposite from iZotope?
Frequent discounts, frequent update (some may find too much...).
He's also thinking about something he calls the "mixing revolution".
Don't know if it'll ever happen, but he's definitely someone that could bring some neat novelty about it.

I only got Ozone 7 a few months ago and didn't really have time to explore it. Now this comes a bit early... Not too fond of that either.

Its very advance with what Izotope have implemented in these plugins, kind of seems like a word spelling check,

all in all I am not sure why all these features could not have been free updates implemented on Ozone 6 and Neutron

Totally agree.
That said, I'm really going for some alternatives from now on.
Personally, I do not like this business model.
Elevate bundle is a first step in that direction for me.
I also begun using some MeldaProduction products and finding them really powerful.
Steep learning curve for sure, but seriously rewarding.
Once one gets the point, it applies to the hole thing.
Dev is one guy listening/connecting with users.
Could almost say exact opposite from iZotope?
Frequent discounts, frequent update (some may find too much...).
He's also thinking about something he calls the "mixing revolution".
Don't know if it'll ever happen, but he's definitely someone that could bring some neat novelty about it.

I'm a huge fan of MeldaProduction. Powerful effects, many of which reveal a great deal of creative imagination for trippy sonic manipulation beyond the usual categories and labels, and they offer free lifetime updates for anything you buy and have righteous, unintrusive CP. My only problem with them is I haven't quite yet gotten over that "hump" in terms of the learning curve. But that's on me, not a criticism of MP.

I always check out whatever 4 plugs are 50% off each week, and once in a while get one if I can see a reason to have it. MAutoDynamicEQ is still my favorite match eq.

Still on Ozone 5, Trash 2 , Alloy 2 ,and Nectar because I just can't mandate paying these upgrade prices. I've decided to just cord the cord so to speak with Izotope . The prices to upgrade them has become absurd anymore( are they in bed with Apple or something?). $300 just to upgrade to Loyalty bundle 2 which only gives you versions 7 advanced of Ozone and neutron (with no upgrade path to version 8?? ) and almost $400 for the new O2N2 or whatever that bundle is I'd be fine with $50 - $75 to upgrade what I already have if the new versions were worth it . But $300-$400 , c'mon! And no upgrade from Alloy2 to Neutron (which replaced Alloy apparently). And why do the standard versions of Ozone and Neutrin not come with individual vst plugins ?? Maybe one day I'll get RX for sampling cleanup but that will be it unless they come to their senses and offer better upgrade plans and prices for their non RX products and existing customers .

Posted elsewhere but relevant here :

"These early prices are just absurd. I own everything advanced, all except RX, and they want over 400$ to upgrade? Hell, Neutron isn't even a year old!

Assume these are priced for big wigs /studios so I'll wait for better offers or just move on.. What I have is fine!

In the mean time, just purchased https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins/mastering/elevate-bundle (Elevate) from Eventide a new mastering tool that is amazing for under $80... Izotope better watch its back!“

Note... The above link has a number of great videos and you can get a 30 day free trial. I bought it after working with it for one evening... It's fantastic

Last edited:
Wouldn't be so bad if they would have had an upgrade path from Alloy to Neutron which was essentially it's replacement .

Last edited:
just purchased https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins/mastering/elevate-bundle (Elevate) from Eventide a new mastering tool that is amazing for under $80
$67.15 at JRR Shop until October 31st.

Great bargain! Especially since EQuivocate—which is a pretty cool plugin in its own right—is thrown in for free.

Best,

Geoff

Nice to see all this bringning some interest toward Newfangled Audio, more alternatives being a good thing for users.

$67.15 at JRR Shop until October 31st.

Great bargain! Especially since EQuivocate—which is a pretty cool plugin in its own right—is thrown in for free.

Best,

Geoff
Yep! That's where I got it... wasn't home and mobile so couldn't remember/post the best deal. Thanks!

I just purchase the even versions of Native Instruments Komplete—and skip the odd—to save money. I may do the same with iZotope upgrades.

Best,

Geoff
I agree... having upgraded to Ozone 7 advanced at a too high price already while those with Ozone 1 get the same deal for 8 rubs me the wrong way... in the mean time, upgraded to T-Racks 5 for $70 and got Elevate!

Top Bottom