What's new

New Orchestral Tools - LAYERS - for FREE

Oliver

Well that sounds interesting!
and its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

:elephant:

@OrchestralTools: The wording of the EULA regarding commercial use of the library is a little ambivalent. Please clarify.
(2) The Licensee shall not be entitled to exploit the software (or parts of the software) for commercial gain without the prior consent of the Licensor; this shall apply in particular to selling, renting or leasing the software to third parties.

I would add a sentence there that allows using the library in commercial composing work if you intend this to be a "free library" instead of a "free demo", if you know what I mean.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but the trailer sounds fantastic, so I'm really hoping for it to be a free library and be a good companion to my Metropolis Ark 1, for adding woodwinds ands some lower dynamics.
Thanks a lot for this gift!

Last edited:
Hey guys im probably being really dumb, but how do I open the SINE player? I've had it downloaded since launch, but can only open it as a desktop app... How do you open it on Logic? Can't find it amongst Kontakt, East West and Spitfires Player

@OrchestralTools: The wording of the EULA regarding commercial use of the library is a little ambivalent. Please clarify.

I would add a sentence there that allows using the library in commercial composing work if you intend this to be a "free library" instead of a "free demo", if you know what I mean.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but they trailer sounds fantastic, so I'm really hoping for it to be a free library and be a good companion to my Metropolis Ark 1, for adding woodwinds ands some lower dynamics.
Thanks a lot for this gift!

This sounds like the license for using software as opposed to using their samples, but it is the license referred to when purchasing... Actually I've been meaning to ask OT for clarification about this too. Is it possible there's another license agreement that explains the allowed uses of the samples in our own compositions and sound recordings?

On my iMac running Catalina, the standalone player was giving error messages about the audio queue the I tried to play a note, and I had to force quit it to close the app.

However, the plug-in version behaved perfectly when played through Cubase 10.5.5. I'm very much looking forward to see where the Sine player is going, and to what we get when you transfer your older libraries over.

Thank you for this free gift, it is much appreciated....

Wow! What a great job !!

I like its multi-mic and multi dynamic design, even includes all inversions of triad !
Can imagine how much it can do and it's free !
A full function chord VI, great sound.

I downloaded the new version of Sine without version number and part of interesting new LAYERS library. But clicking on Sine Player in VEPro produced the error below. I had no expectation that using Sine Player required being online, and hope this is NOT the case. Currently part of OT's site appears to be down--cannot access My License from Sine Player.

Attachments

• Error in VEPro.jpg
    Error in VEPro.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 15
Woodwinds staccato are OUT OF TUNE! ... :(

but great work and its FREE! thanks @OrchestralTools

edit: ugh.. I am hearing some high brass out of tune also... Strings are superb!

Last edited:
click on the wrench icon and tune it
all instruments at all? for example the minor chords by the woodwinds are really out of pitch... I think there is not only a deviation of the chord but some instruments in between the chord...

A new interesting message now from Sine Player. Seems we may have a bungled translation here as MY computer is indeed online!
o_O

Attachments

• My Computer is offline.jpg
    My Computer is offline.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 40
I know this is free and all, but I find it slightly embarrassing. Sure, it all will be sorted and working eventually, so no big deal. But I'm honestly glad that I'm still sine-free.:cool:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 00.23.46.png

Top Bottom