What's new

New Mac Pro orders start Tuesday, December 10th

I haven't seen the pricing yet, but may consider one if it's in the $6K range for a "starter". If it lasts me a decade, it's worth every penny IMO.

I don’t think a 8 Core machine will last you a decade. If it was a 10 or 12 core, I would consider it too.

I don’t think a 8 Core machine will last you a decade. If it was a 10 or 12 core, I would consider it too.

If I can get 10 or 12 for around $8, I may consider. It will be interesting to see the pricing. However, my gut is telling me that it will be super high :(

Honestly: I don’t pay that much money for such a small upgrade in 2019. 10 / 12 Cores for 8k? Nope, I‘m out.

Comet Lake with an i9 10 Core is coming in Spring 2020.

I will wait for the WWDC and see what Apple is going to offer then.

I think it's do-able. 16 cores seems to be the sweet spot.
The prices for SSD and RAM however are close to fraud.
Waiting to see what OWC can offer in that department.

I configured one for around $9400 - 16core, 96 gb ram, 1Tb ssd. That's still absurd but i'd say do-able if you absolutly had to stay Apple and wanted to keep this for 6-10years

Last edited:
yeah..i dont think the high price is an exlusive apple thing...

hp can get pricey too... $60k-90k, which is what apple actually is competing against for hollywood back end dominance, or you think they just want to give you free/low price tv content in apple tv for kicks? its a very lucrative business they aiming for that buying this sort of configuration is peanuts for a lot of LA studios.

we just keep assuming the macpro is like our old Mac Pro and used for some some semi large templates...
or video games.
for that, the i9 has a pretty sweet price point.

hpz.jpeg

Last edited:
But let's not forget what that $50k is really getting you: a computer worth $7k, $20k goes to donations to the republican party, and $23k goes towards the purchase of their private corporate jets.

They are so delighted to still have so many generous members of the Apple cult :grin::grin::grin:

Top Bottom