What's new

New Kontakt library by Beautiful Void Audio and Triple Spiral Audio

Jaap

Mists Volume 1 – Hybrid Tongue Drum is a new library created by Beautiful Void Audio and Triple Spiral Audio for the full version of Kontakt 5.8.1+
Available at the introduction price of €20.00 (MSRP €30.00 - VAT included)

Erick from Beautiful Void Audio created a great collection of soundsources and what he did is the following:

“With the main sounds, I basically “deconstructed” a single pitch from a particular instrument, and sampled each frequency from its harmonic series. After that, I could then reconstruct various parts of that harmonic series from different instruments. For instance, with one of them, I combined a Flute, Harp, Piano and Tongue Drum. Tongue Drum took the fundamental, Harp took the octave, piano took the 5th above the octave, and then Flute took all of the top end (everything above the piano). So it’s a hybridization at a note/frequency level, rather than being a physically modeled hybrid or some algorithmic cross between 2 or more instruments – which I guess those could be argued to be more of a “true” hybrid.”

With this concept in mind we created a Kontakt engine with 2 layers and a series of effects and created 165 snapshots (presets) for it. The style of the library is mellow, ambient, vintage and even experimental and it contains a nice variety of sounds going from key like instruments, to shimmering pads and textures, lo-fi and vintage sounds and even a selection of arcade like presets.

Key features:

• 165 snapshots
  • 50+ soundsources
  • 1 GB in size
  • Dual layers
  • Reversed version of the sounds (in a seperate .nki file)
  • FX – Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser, Saturation, Skreamer
  • LFO control
  • ADSR controls for Attack and Mod Envelope
  • Randomise feature for the soundsources
  • Watermarked and installed via the Pulse Downloader (you will receive a serial key which can be used to download the library via PULSE)
  • Requires the full (paid) version of Kontakt 5.8.1+ (does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player)
Audio demos:

Walkthrough video:

Playthrough video by Erick:

Preview with an explanation on how he created the sounds by Erick:

BVA does it again. Such a great library!

Quick demo for it, with seven track of Mists, percussions from BOOM & BUST V2 by Sounddust, drums from Battery 4 :) I went for something very different from the vibe that Erick has in his walkthroughs :)

BVA does it again. Such a great library!

Quick demo for it, with seven track of Mists, percussions from BOOM & BUST V2 by Sounddust, drums from Battery 4 :) I went for something very different from the vibe that Erick has in his walkthroughs :)

It's amazing my friend :)
Thanks for the demo!

haha, thanks! :)
I'm flattered to hear that, and I'm sure Jaap is too :)

For sure I am! Sorry for the lack of replies here, been quite sick the whole week unfortunately.
Purchased! Lots of inspiring sounds! Great job @Jaap and @Erick - BVA !

Are you planning to further update the Kontakt engine to allow for more fine grained control and address a few of the minor bugs?

Thanks Mark! And yes I am planning further updates on this Kontakt engine that I created for this as it will be part of a serie and happily take in any requests from users to see what can be added! Also for any bugs, please let me know.
You can always reach me via [email protected] or just sent a PM here. Cheers!

Psyche! Silly me forgot that all of the sales on TSA would be back again right around Christmas.
So it's not too late to pick this one up on sale.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Top Bottom