What's new

New Izotope RX Plugin-in pack

A3D2

Hi guys!

I just saw that Izotope released 4 audio cleaning plug-ins: De-click, Dialogue De-noise, De-hum, and De-clip which are now for sale separately from the RX5 Audio editor.
I already own waves z-noise, and use it to clean up noise from samples and recordings. Do you think that this plugin-pack would be a useful addition to the waves plugin I own?
And would it be worth buying this plugin-pack, or should I best save money until I can buy the RX5 audio editor? I saw in the comparison chart that these separate plugins don't have the 'Spectral de-noise' or 'Spectral repair' functions, so I'm not sure it they are really useful then since I have no experience with the full RX5 editor and its 'spectral' functions. What do you think :)

The genius of RX is in its spectral editing features. Even the de-noiser benefits tremendously from the ability to select the specific frequencies you know to be noise and hit them harder. Since you already have z-noise, I would suggest saving up for the real deal.

@EvanArnett Thanks for the good advice :). Wow, being able to select specific frequencies sounds amazing: I'll save up for the complete RX5 package then.

Acon digital has a noise reduction pack also that works really well. It's not so expensive either, but it lacks the visual editing of RX.

Shows what spectral repair is capable of:

Wow, that is really incredible: the amount of detail in which you can select what you want to remove is definitely a winner for me. I will save up for this. I also like the waves z-noise, but you really have to be careful with that plugin or you can bring in some unwanted artifacts when you remove too much :)

Top Bottom