What's new

New from Strezov Sampling: Afflatus Chapter - Part one: Strings

- Another thing I wish they had for the Ensemble patches like the minimalist ensemble patch (by far my favorite sounding one), is if there were volume sliders to switch off Cellos, or Violins like how Cinematic Studio Strings does their ensemble patches. This is so useful if you're finding that there's just too much bass coming from the bottom end so you can just switch off Cellos or Basses.
If the ensemble patches had this, it would take it to another level.

I sent in a suggestion to @StrezovSampling for a related feature... I struggle with using the ensemble patches because all the notes are expressed at the same CC1 dynamic level, which means the accompaniment frequently overwhelms my melody line. For me, the ideal approach would be to have a "Velocity influence on dynamics" slider that would allow me to set a moderate amount by which CC1 levels would be tweaked per-note based on how hard I pressed the key. (I would certainly still want CC1 to be the primary source for dynamics but would like to be able to emphasize the melody a bit, or another voice in a particular passage, without having to split everything into individual tracks.)

Love the review @Mike Fox - I hope you won't mind me stealing your idea of blending Red Army strings with Psychatto strings? That's something I'd personally use a lot - and never thought of this to be honest and it sounds really cool!

@Benjamin Duk , I've added this to the To-Do list - but have to say that it's possible for some of the patches, not all of them. The reason for that is that we recorded most of the ensembles (80%) together in situ to get the authentic blend between the instruments. Remixing the library and remapping (and then going through NI for encoding, etc.) is something that is not on the table right now. The minimalist ensemble/lush ensemble/etc. are patches created from the individual content (also most of the experimentals too) so we can add built-in mixers there too.

We also got two user requests/suggestions that are really nice - we're doing everything we can to implement those to the script and in my humble opinion this will increase the playability further. Fingers crossed we make it as good as possible - the only downside to this is that it slightly pushed Storm Choir 3 back... but to be honest I'd actually focus on this first (as a composer using strings all the time :D). Happy New Year's eve - hope you had a blast during the holidays. Santa brought me Assasin's Creed Origins and Odyssey (where we recorded bass profundo choirs) so I'll probably take a few days off...
Thank you very much George! That means a lot!

Ironically, that string combo was something I experimented with after I finished all the audio snippets for the review. I liked the sound so much that I just had to go back and add it. Glad I did!

Has this library been on sale yet? Or any chances it will go on sale sometime this year? I don’t recall seeing a sale on this over the holidays. I really want this library. :)

How does this library handle fast runs?
I don't think there's a dedicated fast runs solution in there (yet?), but I made some examples a while ago to someone with a similar question. At least for now, this library works best for fast runs if it's not doo dry.

I think Strezov doesn't do sales on a library before a year has passed from the release. And after that they might give you small discounts but nothing like the intro price.

-Hannes

I find myself yearning for portamento more and more, especially on delicate passages.
I guess I'll have to layer them with another library that contains portamento...
But am I the only one who wishes for a portamento patch for this lovely library?

I find myself yearning for portamento more and more, especially on delicate passages.
I guess I'll have to layer them with another library that contains portamento...
But am I the only one who wishes for a portamento patch for this lovely library?
I think because of the sheer amount of stuff you can do with the library, and how lovely the legato already sounds, a lot of users simply don't think too much about portamento. Coming from libraries like Adagio though one would definitely notice the lack of the articulation. Practically though I don't use portamento much at all anymore except for solo strings. Which makes me wonder if the solos coming soon will have them...

I think because of the sheer amount of stuff you can do with the library, and how lovely the legato already sounds, a lot of users simply don't think too much about portamento. Coming from libraries like Adagio though one would definitely notice the lack of the articulation. Practically though I don't use portamento much at all anymore except for solo strings. Which makes me wonder if the solos coming soon will have them...
Not sure which thread it was in, but I remember reading George saying that the solos would have portamento.

Top Bottom