What's new

New from Strezov Sampling: Afflatus Chapter - Part one: Strings

Thanks, and will do! Ironically, the whole time I was thinking, "Man, if that exchange rate wasn't there...", so I guess it strangely worked out.
Would love to hear your thoughts when you get a chance to try it. Does this mean no Forzo? ;)
I'm aware that I'm pretty much already sold on this but there is no budget for it right now. #sadface.

Is it correct that crossgrade prices remain unchanged after intro period ends? If so, then I have a pretty decent discounted price waiting for me when I do get the money together. Thanks @Strezov @StrezovSampling

Would love to hear your thoughts when you get a chance to try it. Does this mean no Forzo? ;)
I'm aware that I'm pretty much already sold on this but there is no budget for it right now. #sadface.

Is it correct that crossgrade prices remain unchanged after intro period ends? If so, then I have a pretty decent discounted price waiting for me when I do get the money together. Thanks @Strezov @StrezovSampling
I've only tried the Psychatto Strings thus far (because that was one of the reasons I bought the library), and all I gotta say is that i would pay $100 (at least) for this patch alone! I can't tell you how many times I've tried creating custom patches to sound like this. These are seriously going to be my new go-to for shorts. More to come...

I'm pretty sure I'll still get Novo and Forzo. I'll just pay the price for it all later, lol!

I've only tried the Psychatto Strings thus far (because that was one of the reasons I bought the library), and all I gotta say is that i would pay $100 (at least) for this patch alone! I can't tell you how many times I've tried creating custom patches to sound like this. These are seriously going to be my new go-to for shorts. More to come...

I'm pretty sure I'll still get Novo and Forzo. I'll just pay the price for it all later, lol!

I think I'm actually going to do a screencast/walkthrough video for this library. Not that Corey didn't hit it out of the park (because he did!), but just so everyone can see my stupid happy face when I play this library.
oh bugger...I'm going to get this aren't I. :sad:

...:geek:

if you're a cross-grader you won't get the intro price anymore after it goes up of course, but the crossgrade rates are permanent. It's worth pointing out that only the "early grabbers" will receive all the upcoming updates for the library for free.
Ahhhh, very good. Thank you for reminding me about that.

I don't get what all the guilt here is about. Developers set their terms when they sell with other vendors, it's not like they're blindsided. They sell to the vendor for a price, then it's the vendor's choice how much profit they want to make, keeping in mind how much the manufacturer himself is selling it for. Want to sell it way cheaper? Cool, it's coming out of their own profits, not the manufacturer's. Give it away for free, for all I care.

I don't get what all the guilt here is about. Developers set their terms when they sell with other vendors, it's not like they're blindsided. They sell to the vendor for a price, then it's the vendor's choice how much profit they want to make, keeping in mind how much the manufacturer himself is selling it for. Want to sell it way cheaper? Cool, it's coming out of their own profits, not the manufacturer's. Give it away for free, for all I care.
Unless it stated otherwise in the contract :))))) Well, they messed up this time. Everyone makes mistakes, I do hope no one gets fires from this. And yes, distributors take large cuts - can't give out details (NDA). Whoever managed to get lucky - enjoy the library :) you COULD spread some love if you liked them sounds, ha ha :)

Seems fuzzy now given posts about planned enhancements.
Has Stezov specifically indicated these Updates will not be provided to purchasers from contracted outlets, such as Time + Space? Has this been made clear anywhere _ officially ?

I aborted T+S _ Afflatus purchase based on posts here.
No problem, massive stuff coming over next weeks.
Seems like another sale would have been a good thing for all concerned tho.
Likely not for me, or some others, if Updates will not be provided as for those purchasing from Strezov directly.

Last edited:
Time and Space is trusted and true. They have been around for a long time. Products purchased from them are registered directly with the manufacturer, so you always have access to downloads and updates direct from dev, in this case Strezov.

It shows in your Strezov account and will no doubt count toward future discounts if they continue down this path.

I even purchased Komplete 12 Collectors box from them and they gave me the serial early and shipped my HD to me with no issue, and I saved a ton of money over going to NI. Everything works just fine.

This simply comes down to if you want the library and want to save some money, at least in the US due to the currency exchange rate. Even with the changed price you might get some savings.

Grats to everyone who grabbed it!

I'm not sure I understood right. All updates will be automatically hooked up to your user profile - you'll just need to redownload (we will try to make it in such a way that you only need to download the update files, not the entire library). I also have to address the elephant in the room of course - that being the price after Q1 2018 when we introduce new content. Really conflicted here about that and actually considering making a poll among Afflatus users later on - but there should be some way of thanking early grabbers. It is still way too early to tell - neot before seeing and hearing the new patches (scene d'amour celli recording this weekend!!!! keep your fingers crossed). Just FYI, by first calculations we have 62.5 hours of recording session time for the bonus patches. OK, maybe I got carried away with the material... some of it might end up in my custom toolset... some of it (if it's good) will further be added to the list. Not sure if you guys fancy blogs? We can write a few words around the sessions, maybe share some footage?

I'm not sure I understood right. All updates will be automatically hooked up to your user profile - you'll just need to redownload (we will try to make it in such a way that you only need to download the update files, not the entire library). I also have to address the elephant in the room of course - that being the price after Q1 2018 when we introduce new content. Really conflicted here about that and actually considering making a poll among Afflatus users later on - but there should be some way of thanking early grabbers. It is still way too early to tell - neot before seeing and hearing the new patches (scene d'amour celli recording this weekend!!!! keep your fingers crossed). Just FYI, by first calculations we have 62.5 hours of recording session time for the bonus patches. OK, maybe I got carried away with the material... some of it might end up in my custom toolset... some of it (if it's good) will further be added to the list. Not sure if you guys fancy blogs? We can write a few words around the sessions, maybe share some footage?
re; Pricing.

You already offered an intro price as well as additional discounts for users of your other products. Honestly, I think that's fair enough to charge whatever you think is necessary moving forward after the content update. However, I would say that most companies usually just set the price and leave it and offer free updates regardless of content. The only time I've seen a price change or charge to existing users or non-users would be if you re-recorded the entire range and had to redo a contract with Native Instruments for the licenses, thus those devs charged a premium to upgrade to the new libraries that basically covered the licensing fees. But, this of course is kept secret so it's just speculation if those devs still priced the cross-grades in a way that made money off of existing users of the other libraries.

What I don't care for is when a developer does a pre-order or early adopter price scheme and before all the published content is officially released, they re-brand it and charge less than what owners originally paid for the original product. That sucks. So, just don't sell it cheaper than what everyone who bought day one paid for until you deem it necessary to bring the price down. I'd say, 2 years is a minimum but that's just me. I wouldn't fault you if you never brought the price down. It's a solid library and worth the price of admission, based on my first hand experience. But, it is priced in a way that excludes others like hobbyists or younger composers whom don't have the income or work that would justify making such a large purchase, to which I tell them, save your money. We all have our own justification for how much we are willing to pay for a product but that's on us, not the developers. Anyway, food for thought.

Best,

Chris

just finishing two projects on this weekend, but in next weeks, I guess I'll have more time to do some demo from this outstanding library, to which I fell in love.
Please do also tenutos for d' Amour cello. Love smooth, kind of chamber sound, vi and va are first-class, and to my surprise, is even much better like my lovely ARK2.

Top Bottom