What's new

New from Strezov Sampling: Afflatus Chapter - Part one: Strings

Time and Space has it, and I can get it for $645 usd. Looks like they got the exchange covered. YMMV.

Yeah I saw that too!
Unfortunately I'm thinking we won't get the crossgrade discount through time+space if we own other Strezov libraries. Don't crossgrade offers only work on the Strezov site...anyone know?

T+S shows $649. in Account /Basket right now …. :eek:
Nobody here to restrain my impulsive tremors ….. haaallpp !!
I'm not sure why Time and Space would be able to cover the difference, but do know that Strezov gets undercut on sites like that, along with every other developer on 3rd party sites (like Best Service, Big Fish Audio etc). You absolutely have the right to buy it, as long as you're okay with giving money to Time and Space rather than to the ones who created it. It's a tricky subject for a lot of developers to be honest, so it's ultimately up to the customer to decide if they'd rather support the developer or get a good deal...

Update...

Bought it from Time + Space. They emailed me a serial, which said it was invalid when I typed it in on the Strezov website, but for whatever reason, it showed up under My Products, but it's actually a different serial number than the one time/space emailed me. Screwy. Anyway, It worked, and I'm currently downloading it. At $649, I really didn't want to pass it up.

but do know that Strezov gets undercut on sites like that,

It's not undercutting when the developer allows T&S to sell it. Which obviously is what is happening here. T&S, Best Service, Big Fish Audio etc cant sell these products without getting permission/license keys from the developer.

I'm not sure why Time and Space would be able to cover the difference, but do know that Strezov gets undercut on sites like that, along with every other developer on 3rd party sites (like Best Service, Big Fish Audio etc). You absolutely have the right to buy it, as long as you're okay with giving money to Time and Space rather than to the ones who created it. It's a tricky subject for a lot of developers to be honest, so it's ultimately up to the customer to decide if they'd rather support the developer or get a good deal...
But don't the developers get most of that money? I thought developers sold their products on 3rd party websites for the sake of extra promotion? Isn't it a "you scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours" type of scenario between the 3rd party and developer?

It's not undercutting when the developer allows T&S to sell it. Which obviously is what is happening here. T&S, Best Service, Big Fish Audio etc cant sell these products without getting permission/license keys from the developer.
What happens is 3rd party developers get a cut for advertising - which is why if a person knows the developer's site and can buy it from there, they may as well if they're keen to support the developer. It's ultimately up to the customer, but most developers obviously prefer direct sales. In this case though Strezov has been undercut do to the VAT error.

But don't the developers get most of that money? I thought developers sold their products on 3rd party websites for the sake of extra promotion? Isn't it a "you scratch my back, and i'll scratch yours" type of scenario between the 3rd party and developer?
Yes, Time and Space gets a cut for promotion, but it's generally a good idea for a customer who already knows the provider to support them directly. It's totally up to you though.

Yeah I saw that too!
Unfortunately I'm thinking we won't get the crossgrade discount through time+space if we own other Strezov libraries. Don't crossgrade offers only work on the Strezov site...anyone know?
Yes they only work on the site when buying a library from the site. If you've bought something from a 3rd party developer it still gets added to your Strezov account, but if you were to say buy another library from a 3rd party developer later, you'll be paying the vanilla price rather than the crossgrade you'd get if you logged into your Strezov account.

Yes, Time and Space gets a cut for promotion, but it's generally a good idea for a customer who already knows the provider to support them directly. It's totally up to you though.
I know what you're saying, but I really can't agree with you. I only know Strezov on a consumer level, which means I have to do what's best for me as an honest consumer, just like how they have to do what's best for them as a business. Charging $799 for Afflatus is a great example of that. They aren't a charity, and knowing that they're completely fine with me purchasing their products through a 3rd party developer is good enough for me. Hell, it's their idea! Aside from the recent pricing mistake, developers aren't being undercut at the hand of 3rd party websites.

I know what you're saying, but I really can't agree with you. I only know Strezov on a consumer level, which means I have to do what's best for me as an honest consumer, just like how they have to do what's best for them as a business. Charging $799 for Afflatus is a great example of that. They aren't a charity, and knowing that they're completely fine with me purchasing their products through a 3rd party developer is good enough for me. Hell, it's their idea! Aside from the recent pricing mistake, developers aren't being undercut at the hand of 3rd party websites.
The pricing mistake is the reason you got a good deal. 3rd parties must still charge the same price as the developer normally, so there's no reason to buy from them any other time if you can buy from the developer, you see? The only difference this time was the VAT mistake, so you got lucky.

PS - When I said undercut I wasn't inferring that 3rd parties are stealing money from developers, I was saying that they take a promotional cut from the sales. It's fine for getting new customers, but for customers who already know the developer it becomes pointless to buy the same product at the same price from a 3rd party because the promotional cut will just take money from the developer for no reason at that point. I didn't know that at first, but now that I know, I always buy directly from the developer if the price is the same.

Last edited:
The pricing mistake is the reason you got a good deal. 3rd parties must still charge the same price as the developer normally, so there's no reason to buy from them any other time if you can buy from the developer, you see? The only difference this time was the VAT mistake, so you got lucky.
If the price is the same, then sure, it makes sense to buy directly from the developer. Keep in mind though that certain 3rd parties offer discount codes, and "add to the cart" discounts (JRR Shop, for example) which is a reason to not buy directly if you want to save some money, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Me benefiting from a pricing mistake has absolutely nothing to do with my main argument (it was damn fluke), unless you are saying that another reason why people shouldn't buy from 3rd parties is because of mistakes like these, but then I'd really have to disagree! :laugh:

Oh, and just for the record, I'd welcome a reverse on the transaction if Strezov feels that undercut, because right now I'm getting the impression that i was in the wrong somehow.

If the price is the same, then sure, it makes sense to buy directly from the developer. Keep in mind though that certain 3rd parties offer discount codes, and "add to the cart" discounts (JRR Shop, for example) which is a reason to not buy directly if you want to save some money, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Me benefiting from a pricing mistake has absolutely nothing to do with my main argument (it was damn fluke), unless you are saying that another reason why people shouldn't buy from 3rd parties is because of mistakes like these, but then I'd really have to disagree! :laugh:

Oh, and just for the record, I'd welcome a reverse on the transaction if Strezov feels that undercut.
That's what I was saying, you got lucky.

Flash sales are fine to take advantage of. I've bought from Audio Plugin Deals and VST Buzz in the past and it's saved me heaps of money on libraries I found were not that great in the end.

And like I said, the libraries are normally the same price on both sites, so it's always best to support the devs in that case.

Last edited:
just for the record I bought from Strezov, but i don't see a problem going for a good price if made available.
It's not a problem for the customer, we have the right to take advantage of a good deal - it's a problem for Time and Space for the VAT error. I just thought everyone would like to know if it was in fact a mistake or a legitimate deal.

It's not a problem for the customer, we have the right to take advantage of a good deal - it's a problem for Time and Space for the VAT error. I just thought everyone would like to know if it was in fact a mistake or a legitimate deal.
Cory, you're losing me man. On one hand you say that consumers should buy directly from the developer, and on the other, you say we have the right to take advantage of a good deal. :faint:

Top Bottom