What's new

New from Strezov Sampling: Afflatus Chapter - Part one: Strings

I'm kind of conflicted here. Trying to understand how does this library stand or blend with my other libraries. Trying to understand whether this presumes to bring new timbres and articulations to the table - or presume to be a library that does what other libraries do, but does it better.
I have spitfire symhonic strings, chamber strings, bernard hermann, tundra, orchestral swarms, sonuscore the orchestra, several sonokinetic phrase libraries, novo and its expansions.
Do i go the Afflatus route? And then what? Would what i have be redundant to an extent? At least the bread and butter spitfire strings?
Or is it better to go for other tastes and colors, such as Olafur evolutions etc?
Btw, i have an edu discount and some loyalty discount so afflatus would cost me €624 now or after the intro price phase.
Keep everything you have and use everything you can. Afflatus is just another tool in a composer's belt, and combining different libraries isn't a bad thing at all as you can get a custom sound that way. I know there's always this part of you that wants to stick to certain "formats" or styles, but once you break out of that and use the libraries for the song rather than the song for the libraries, a whole world opens up for signature textures. For example I've mixed CS Strings with Chamber Strings and Chamber Orchestra 2 along with Omnisphere and Cryptar. Whatever works for the song is the only thing that matters. (btw in the outro song I made I used a synth patch from Aeon, a bass from Juggernaut and a Drums of the Deep 2 patch, which I then mixed together with some EQ to fit)

Keep everything you have and use everything you can. Afflatus is just another tool in a composer's belt, and combining different libraries isn't a bad thing at all as you can get a custom sound that way. I know there's always this part of you that wants to stick to certain "formats" or styles, but once you break out of that and use the libraries for the song rather than the song for the libraries, a whole world opens up for signature textures. For example I've mixed CS Strings with Chamber Strings and Chamber Orchestra 2 along with Omnisphere and Cryptar. Whatever works for the song is the only thing that matters. (btw in the outro song I made I used a synth patch from Aeon, a bass from Juggernaut and a Drums of the Deep 2 patch, which I then mixed together with some EQ to fit)
Totally loved your walkthrough. Sooooo good.
The new line theme : played live. Same as the original...the tone...the chords...thanks to polylegato.
Totally bluffed. Thanks.

I have to thank you, because you just gave me an idea for another video and sharing MIDI files...

@Cory Pelizzari Your review was the deciding last thing for me to buy afflatus, and I am SOOOO happy I did. Often libraries are measured in a very technical way, whether they can do "this" or "that", and how successful they are at achieving the bread and butter and so on. After 15 minutes with this library under my fingers I knew this was on a complete different territory from other string libraries, and all of a sudden any early guilt associated with buying another string library when I have already so many, the guilt was completely gone, cause I knew I needed these sounds badly and would be using them for a very very long time. The Polyphonic legato is amazing, and feels so natural. That alone is a milestone in string libraries. I know some people will say that LASS and others have done it, but not in this way, and with this ease of use. Just play with the Minimalist Patch or the Scene D'amour patch and you will know you have a winner on your hands. Just those two patches alone with the polyphonic legato would make this library a must buy. But there is so much more content! Amazing value. And sure, some poeple will say, "well I don't want to pay for pads" or specialty sounds with limited uses, like some of the patches on the experimental folder etc. Well, think of that as additional free content. I would buy this for the main sections patches and ensemble patches. Those alone for me are worth the price tag of the library. The rest of the content is wonderful additional stuff that you get on top. And I sure appreciate having that content which addresses specific dramatic needs for different types of films. I love this concept of naming patches inspired by films or certain moods. It is so intuitive. I hope Strezov continues this in future libraries. I feel they produced string sounds with very high standards and a very artistic concept, of creating playing styles that have been used in very successful scores, therefore when you play these patches it really sets you on a creative path, and gives you a very picturesque association based on the way the samples sound. Having said that, I think for instance the Minimalist patches can be used on so many styles and contexts. That patch is so versatile. Specially if you combine it with other section patches to play a melodic lines in a certain way. Scene D'amour patches also very versatile. They sound great on a bunch of contexts.
In one phrase this is what I think: Inspiring, musical, Sample-gold, no-regrets, Strings-on-steroids,
must-have-string-library for the professional composer. Drop the mic.

Last edited:
I was truly shocked when the price was announced. I guess my expectation was it was going to be comparable to Strezov's highest priced library (posted somewhere here).

But alas, after seeing and hearing all the demos, walkthroughs and reviews, I couldn't resist any longer.

I simply love what George accomplished. Passionate, inspiring, sumptuous patches. Gorgeous, instant results out of the box.
The Afflatus sound was definitely missing from my collection of string libraries.

Thank you and congratulations, @Strezov for filling this gap. Most likely my go-to string library from here on for most of what I do.

One of, if not the best purchase I've made this year.

I guess I'll be standing on the sidelines this Black Friday! :shocked:

Thanks for your insights. I'm indeed very impressed by the library, but i have the advantage of enjoying the educational and loyalty discount - so i don't need to rush and buy it before the intro price ends. I'll have the same price two or five months from now just as well.
I just bought Tundra and Bernard Herman toolkit a couple of weeks ago and haven't yet scratched the surface so i think i'll take it slow. Guess more demos will pop up, meanwhile.

Hy, one question ...can't we pay via credit card on Strezov site ???
I see paypal....but don't have paypal....
Thanks.

my guess is it is a misprint or TS screwed up, if one was thinking of jumping on this, now might be the time before someone realizes what happened.
T+S shows $649. in Account /Basket right now …. :eek:
Nobody here to restrain my impulsive tremors ….. haaallpp !!

Top Bottom