What's new

New from Strezov Sampling: Afflatus Chapter - Part one: Strings

Well...I know George said there would be crossgrade pricing for Strezov customers so, I hope I get something or that’s really out of my budget range at the moment. Categorically NOT a reflection on the product or Strezov or whether I think it’s worth it.

Crossgrade Discounts available upon Login

Someone mentioned that it was €629 with the crossgrade.

my guess was pretty accurate for better or worse.
  • 65 GB installed on disk (compare with CSS @35GB, or Adventure Strings at just 3 GB)
  • $740 intro price going to $900 at the end of the month (real price is in Euros so that may change) - comparable to current price of Berlin Strings at $950, or LASS 2.5 which was on perpetual "sales" for most of 2017 at $700-$900.
the amount of articulations & patches is huge. This is definitely worth the price if you have a blank slate. I think it will be a tougher choice for those of us who already own lots of libraries.

That's well out of my "buy on spec" range, which is about $400. If a job comes along that's a good fit for the lib, then it's worth even the "normal" price. Otherwise not.

It's a gorgeous sounding lib with an impressive sound all neatly bundled up in a single package, and of course the demos invoke an awesome promise. But I can with some effort reach most of that through stuff I already have, and the sound is far removed from what my few paying clients ask of me. Unfortunately what I like and what I'm asked to do are in a minor second relationship for the near future.

(Sorry, I'm feeling rational today. I'll get over it.)

Last edited:
Vintage Strings patch in the Ensembles demo - this is what I've never heard before from any strings library, no question for me.

$740 intro price going to $900 at the end of the month (real price is in Euros so that may change) -

That $900 is more like $960-970. The price you see on those exchange websites is not what you actually pay as an individual. Only if you are a bank doing a huge transaction.

i think nobody is doubting if Strezov Sampling deserve or has the right to put this price to the library, in my opinion this library is worth the price... BUT business strategies for the average customer would be something affordable just near Black Friday or Christmas... Some are calling for modular or just like Spitfire with Studio Session Strings with two options, core and advanced

Im usually not one to complain about pricing of a library. I feel like if it's something worth having, it's something worth paying for and also understand the costs and time that go into libraries like this. However, I can't help but wonder if it was a mistake for them to price it this high. I, personally, unfortunately am an easy target most of the time and I'm out at this price point. Not because I think it's objectively too expensive but simply because after watching the walkthroughs I just can't help but feel like I can get close enough to these sounds with what I currently have that I can't justify $700. Now, if it was priced just $200 cheaper I think I'd be all in. And there's where I wonder the mistake is on their part. Of course, $500 is arguably less than it's objectively worth but if they tripled their sales at $500, they could double their gross.

I'm sure George and his team have done the math and worked out what they think is the sweet spot for this library and I may well be (and hope I am) wrong. But like I said...I'm a relatively easy target and I'm out...

Dang, too $ rich for my blood.....and I just spent nearly $8k on a Moog, btw. I have too many killer string libs to fork out that kind of moola for yet another, but I do wish Strezov much success their fine library! :)

Sounds amazing and there is a lot of great content, but the price is just too much for me at the moment. I was a bit afraid that the price would be something like this when I saw the first walkthrough video. It's just really hard to combine so many different section sizes and moods in a one huge library with a cheap price. I think it would have been better to leave some of the sections out and record more articulations for the main ones to make it more comprehensive. Maybe some day, with a good deal, I will buy it. Strezov is a great developer and I really want to hear what they will do with brass and woodwinds...

-Hannes

Im usually not one to complain about pricing of a library. I feel like if it's something worth having, it's something worth paying for and also understand the costs and time that go into libraries like this. However, I can't help but wonder if it was a mistake for them to price it this high. I, personally, unfortunately am an easy target most of the time and I'm out at this price point. Not because I think it's objectively too expensive but simply because after watching the walkthroughs I just can't help but feel like I can get close enough to these sounds with what I currently have that I can't justify $700. Now, if it was priced just $200 cheaper I think I'd be all in. And there's where I wonder the mistake is on their part. Of course, $500 is arguably less than it's objectively worth but if they tripled their sales at $500, they could double their gross.

I'm sure George and his team have done the math and worked out what they think is the sweet spot for this library and I may well be (and hope I am) wrong. But like I said...I'm a relatively easy target and I'm out...
That's very well stated, thanks. I think it's important for the likes of us to push back politely but firmly when we feel pushed out.

I can't find numbers on VI purchases, but it's worth noting that the musical instrument market in the US is very nearly $2,000,000,000. That's "billion" with a "b." That makes me suspicious that the market for software instruments must be at least a few tens of millions. Does anybody have hard numbers? I know the numbers of people visiting sites like this is very large indeed, we are not in anything like a tiny, niche market.

I think the famous Economics 101 "price/profit" bell curve could inflect a whole lot lower than anyone suspects when applied to VIs. We're seeing some inkling of that from Spitfire, NI, and others that spend a lot of time mucking around in, and appealing to, the passionate-amateur and pro-summer markets that are becoming a much larger part of the user base. The Black Friday phenomenon also supports that...the pros buy during the year, but the real sales come at the end of the year. That's a nice price-supporting conceit, I guess, but may not be in the best interest of any of the parties involved.

In the YouTube comment section of this video, George answered that the lib would be sold within the usual price range for their product line. Their most expensive lib is like 350-400$ I suppose ?
So much for that. I definitely won't be buying now.

What's crazy is that this is only Chapter 1. I can only imagine what the cost will be for the complete set.

Last edited:
Sounds good!

However, I am out. Expensive for another addition to the rest of the string libraries I have. Had it been something like $499 or similiar it would have - maybe - push me over the fence.

Nice collection though for somoene looking to expand their string libraries.

Top Bottom