New from Strezov Sampling: Afflatus Chapter - Part one: Strings

The Darris

Thanks for the sneak peek into what on the surface sounds good. The divisi and poly legato features for sure are appealing. Can you tell us how the 'legato' sounds - particularly BEFORE the apex of the sample. While it gives many grief about CSS's offset issues - I personally think it is its strength - in what is achieved in the final performance. Hope like heck all these samples are not 'cut-off' to make it easy to perform (ok if most of your mockups are to be performed by live sessions - but the reality is just the opposite for me.)

Very encouraging upcoming release.
I can't really go into specifics because it would reveal too much. Best to wait for the walk through. I will say that since using the Beta, they've been refining key points of the library. Even so, I didn't have issue with the legato transitions. They felt smooth and connected, as they are meant to be. I will say this, you won't have to worry about a performance lag like some other libraries. This one is very responsive.

-C

Rob Elliott

I can't really go into specifics because it would reveal too much. Best to wait for the walk through. I will say that since using the Beta, they've been refining key points of the library. Even so, I didn't have issue with the legato transitions. They felt smooth and connected, as they are meant to be. I will say this, you won't have to worry about a performance lag like some other libraries. This one is very responsive.

-C
Ok thanks - totally understand the NDA.

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
This sounds amazing. One of the reasons I go back to Hollywood Strings over CSS is the level of vibrato in CSS. This could change that for me.

On the list...

Rob Elliott

This D'Amour demo - IMPRESSIVE. Come on walk-thru. I am betting LATE Nov release. Dang - perfect for a project in hand. Yea this second demo is what sells me. I love that is not swimming in verb so I can hear the detail. Personal taste for me on this sort of material - I'd cut (gentle Q) at 4K 1-2 db - I bet it takes to various EQ curves well (nicely recorded samples from the sound of it.).

zimm83

This D'Amour demo - IMPRESSIVE. Come on walk-thru. I am betting LATE Nov release. Dang - perfect for a project in hand. Yea this second demo is what sells me. I love that is not swimming in verb so I can hear the detail. Personal taste for me on this sort of material - I'd cut (gentle Q) at 4K 1-2 db - I bet it takes to various EQ curves well (nicely recorded ss from the sound of it.).
Hoping for late October...late Nov not good ...BF!!!

Hanu_H

... I don't need another strings library, I do't need another strings library, I d't need another strings library, I 't need another strings library, I need another strings library...ouch!
You got it wrong mate. It should be...I don't need another string library, I don need another string library, I do need another string library. You get to the conclusion faster. :D

-Hannes

Nicola74

You got it wrong mate. It should be...I don't need another string library, I don need another string library, I do need another string library. You get to the conclusion faster. :D

-Hannes
:) but, you know, "repetita iuvant".
Ok from the beginning...I do need another...ouch!!

camelot

Woah, that demo is incredible. I cant hear anything that would indicate samples to me. This sounds so very real to me. I totally love this type of string sound and yes, gratefully less vibrato than CSS.