What's new

New from Output, Steven Slate, Sonuscore's The Orchestra, and IK Multimedia

Reid Rosefelt

aka Tiger the Frog
Tuesday, June 18th. Portal, a New Granular Effects Plugin from Output.

Tuesday, June 18th. Slate Digital. Everything Will Change.
They've added the Kilohearts Bundle and the Ana 2 Synth to the All Access Bundle.

Wednesday, June 19. Sonuscore's the Orchestra Has Evolved. Again. Winter is Coming!

It's a new, separate library called Strings of Winter. Focuses on icy, Tundra-type sounds. The much-requested MIDI export. 60 new articulations performed by 41-piece Orchestra as well as the Mongolian State Morin Khuur Ensemble. If you were hoping to incorporate the Morin Khuur, the Mongolian "horse head fiddle," into The Orchestra... you got your wish!

It goes for $149. More about this HERE or at the end of this thread.

You can also upgrade to The Orchestra Complete for $119. This gives you Strings of Winter, plus many new features like MIDI export and 108 new presets. Also, a feature that's important to me--The Orchestra, Strings of Winter and Tuned Percussion are all in the Ensemble Engine.

Coming Tomorrow (Thursday, June 20)
IK Multimedia's "New Musical Breakthrough"

11 years in the making. A whole new 21st Century Approach to The Oldest Instruments in Human History.

As I predicted, it is Modo Drum. IK has transferred the modeling technology of Modo Bass to drums.

Introductory Pre-Order Price is $299.99, after which it will go to $399.99

More info HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuNTHG4AQMs&t=122s

Before you all spend your money on these revolutionary products, I want to remind you that the Orange Tree Samples Group Buy started on June 21st last year.

Attachments

• slate.jpg
    slate.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
Tuesday, June 18th. New Plugin from Output. Launching...

Tuesday, June 18th. Slate Digital. Everything Will Change.

slate.jpg

Wednesday, June 19. Sonuscore's the Orchestra Has Evolved. Again. Winter is Coming!

Thursday, June 20: IK Multimedia's "New Musical Breakthrough"
11 years in the making. A whole new 21st Century Approach to The Oldest Instruments in Human History. (Drums?)

Before you all spend your money on these revolutionary products, I want to remind you that the Orange Tree Samples Group Buy started on June 21st last year.

Output plugin sounds very synthwavey

@TigerTheFrog - thank you for all those "heads-up"; lots of interesting new stuff coming.

My guess for IK's "Musical Breakthrough" is Miroslav on an iPad.
Miroslav is already on the iPad as an in-app purchase within SampleTank.:)

I think this will be drums and/or percussion. The main graphic looks to me like a snare drum from above. The music is drum beats and piano. And they use the language "hits soon."

What would be different from the many drum products they already offer? What would have taken 11 years to develop? Modeled drums. This could be the drum version of Modo Bass. Many different kinds of drums, from tiny to Taiko, customizable by the user. Any shape, size, materials, or beater. Drums that aren't possible in real life. Your choice of rooms, microphones, effects.....

If I'm right, this could be the one thing on this list that lives up to its hype. I'm really looking forward to finding out what's in The Orchestra upgrade, but I'm even more interested in finding out if I'm right about this.

Last edited:
Output plugin sounds very synthwavey
I have a feeling it's going to be another subscription product like Arcade. They must be doing really well with that, compared to their previous products.

I hope not, because if it's something appealing and non-subscription, I might upgrade.

This so much sounds like they're creating a Game Of Thrones themed orchestra. As if this is not already so abvious from the "Winter is Coming" slogan

All they have to do is add solo strings to The Orchestra and they can do a launch video using the theme from "Game of Thrones." They've already got the ensembles, choir and harp.

EDIT: I removed the "Game of Thrones" YouTube video as it didn't add anything to the point I was trying to make, and has nothing to do with the sound of The Orchestra.

Last edited:
Curious about Output’s release.

...Before you all spend your money on these revolutionary products, I want to remind you that the Orange Tree Samples Group Buy started on June 21st last year.
I was hoping they released another bass or 2 prior.

I too feel like we're on the precipice of something great... well, 22 seconds great. There MUST be a reason for this convergence.

Or... whatever. I've got BBQ and lake meditations on the mind.

I'm pretty sure that IK's "game-changer" is going to be "MODO Drums", fully modeled with no samples.

Last edited:
You missed Slate's hyperbole for the week (I forget the announcement date; possibly after IK's).

I'm pretty sure that IK's "game-changer" is going to be "MODO Drums", fully modeled with no samples.
Hi Mark,

Slate is listed second in my original post. It happens tomorrow, along with the new Output plugin.

I agree with you about Modo Drums. I don't know if you saw what I wrote in my second post on this thread, but I did speculate on what form IK's modeled Drums might take... I think it will be a lot more wide open than Modo Bass, which is based on specific instruments. I think that will be the case in Modo Drums to a certain extent, but I also think you'll be able to create your own drums, even if they don't exist in real life.

Let's see what happens on Thursday. :)

Top Bottom