What's new

New forum: what you like most

apessino

Some people miss the old forum, I think the new one is so much better it's not even worth a comparison.

A favorite new thing I discovered today (apologies if I am the last one to find out :D ):

You can highlight any text in a post and a little "reply" button pops up; you click it and it takes you to the "reply" mode with the highlighted text already in there and quoted. Sweeeet.... :D

Anyhow, I appreciate having this place to give me reason to procrastinate once in a while...

This is a good post. People don't like change but change happens. Honestly I kind of wish the site designers would stop trying to please everyone and just say it is what it is. Those that are complaining and saying they're not visiting as much as they used to will come back. Might take some time but they'll come back anyway, grudgingly. Over moderating and censorship hurts forums, appearances never do in the long run. I remember about 5 years ago ESPN changed their home page and I hated it, I went on a couple of facebook rants about how stupid it was, but there is really no where better to get my sports scores from. Eventually I got used to it, then they just changed it again about 3 months back and I hated it again... I found myself wishing they would go back to the site which is the same site that I hated when they changed it 5 years ago. Anyway I see a lot of advantages in the new forum.

Top Bottom