What's new

New Forum Layout Is Live! Things to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
@creativeforge --

I'd prefer if the "like" button was on the left side where it used to be. I think it's a little harder to find it now (as people tend to read left to right), and I keep going to click in the usual spot and almost accidentally hitting "report".

You might see an uptick in "reports" and a drop in "likes" with the current configuration.

@creativeforge --

I'd prefer if the "like" button was on the left side where it used to be. I think it's a little harder to find it now (as people tend to read left to right), and I keep going to click in the usual spot and almost accidentally hitting "report".

You might see an uptick in "reports" and a drop in "likes" with the current configuration.

I sort of mentioned this already, but I'd minus-one this (sorry). I think this new arrangement is vastly better. Most forums have the reply buttons on the right, and I like the clear difference in button / font sizes between this and the report or bookmark buttons on the left.

IMO the old arrangement was an odd one (almost every time I replied I nearly reported someone), but regulars just got used to it.

BTW, I also like the new preview button on the quick reply box, that was 2 clicks before.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this! Still getting used to it, but everything working OK for me so far, on both Chrome and Safari. Looks a lot better!

If anyone's still struggling with font size, and you happen to be on Firefox, here's an add-on that lets you set the default pt size on a per-site level:

Meanwhile, I have a nit to pick, regarding the tracking of unread topic titles.

T h e y l o o k r e a l l y g a p p y .

Recovering graphic designer here, sorry. These things just get to me.

Otherwise everything looks great! Loving the dark mode.

If anyone's still struggling with font size, and you happen to be on Firefox, here's an add-on that lets you set the default pt size on a per-site level:

Meanwhile, I have a nit to pick, regarding the tracking of unread topic titles.

T h e y l o o k r e a l l y g a p p y .

Recovering graphic designer here, sorry. These things just get to me.

Otherwise everything looks great! Loving the dark mode.

I was trying to create more space between the letters because some people have a hard time reading them clearly. I think spacing them would allow more definition.

I silenced the code for this.

I trust the recovery is working well, otherwise? ;)

61ri2nR0xGL._SX425_.jpg

Also, small thing, but on an iPhone I notice that scrolling down in the list of threads, I can inadvertently swipe left or right a little bit instead of just straight down or up. Doesn’t happen once in the thread itself though.
I get this as well on Android with the latest version of Chrome (75.0.3770.143). 540 x 960 screen resolution.

You know they both are the same font and size? What makes it better for you?

You know, you're right - and to prove it I also nearly reported you!

It does look visually more distinct now than it was - the shading behind like and report perhaps? - but its now reverted to being unlike almost every other forum. I'll apologise in advance to anyone I supsequently report.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. More important to me is to find a quick way of showing What's New when you click What's New. Grateful for anything you can do there.

Screenshot_2019-07-22-04-58-55.png
Here's a screenshot of the mobile scrolling issue, with the screen scrolled to the right. It looks like the What's new/Latest posts/New profile posts bar is just slightly too long and is forcing the page to be slightly larger than the screen. Only happens on pages that have that bar.

Here's a screenshot of the mobile scrolling issue, with the screen scrolled to the right. It looks like the What's new/Latest posts/New profile posts bar is just slightly too long and is forcing the page to be slightly larger than the screen. Only happens on pages that have that bar.

Interesting. I have a Motorola X-Play and it's not doing that. Let me look further into this.

268a5e2ce99bfd772f883af6bcd1f316.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom