1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New "Drama Zone" Sub-Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome to V.I. Control!' started by Mike Greene, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

Many of us are getting weary of all the drama lately, so I've created a new "Drama Zone" sub-forum. The advantage to this separate sub-forum is that topics there will not appear in our Latest Posts feed.

This is where we'll move threads that devolve into personal debates about personalities or who was treated unfairly or whatever other stuff most people don't care about. First thread to go there is the Headshot thread.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Ian Dorsch, dflood, DMerkel and 23 others like this.
  2. NoamL

NoamL Senior Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Thank you Mike :)

Back to working on a mockup...

3. chillbot

chillbot Forum Bot

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
  4. patrick76

patrick76 Senior Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Perfect! That's pretty damn funny.

chillbot likes this.
  5. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Sounds good. Is there any chance of getting an Ignore Subforum function as well? :)

6. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    does that also mean that what starts as a commercial announcement may get moved there?
    I know that may be a difficult choice because of paying devs, but unfortuntely the drama also has also extensively taken place at some of them.....as we all know too well by now........(you know..... the twitters, twatters and the likes)

7. OP
    OP
    Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

For most companies, Commercial Announcements are safe zones and we delete posts that detract from the announcement, so there's no issue there. This has nothing to do whether they're paying advertisers, by the way. Tier 1 or Tier 2 both get the same consideration.

In Spitfire's case (as well as VSL), however, they don't want the mods to step in. I've asked them, but they both feel that an open discussion, warts and all, implies "nothing to hide." So until they ask, we'll leave those alone, although I have stepped in (uninvited) a few times when I thought it was necessary for general forum etiquette.

Granted, in a perfect world, we could keep the nonsense portions of these out of the Latest Posts feed as well, but since those are clearly marked Commercial Announcements, it's easier for a site visitor to know whether they want to visit the thread. If a thread is 25 pages long, they already know there's some drama there.

Contrast with the Headshot thread, where it was several pages long, so most people might assume there is some interesting conversation there, only to be met with personality driven drama.

8. heisenberg

heisenberg Senior Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Elegant solution Mike. Well done!

Garry likes this.
  9. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 8, 2015
    terrific.
    And very courageous from Spitfire and VSL.....!

10. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Senior Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I have to admit I've been impressed by Spitfire through this whole thing. I mean whatever the warts, I would be thrilled to have ever produced a 'virtual instrument' anywhere close to Spitfire's stuff and they are lampooned by people who don't have a clue what goes into the process. I don't mean the honest reviews, but some of the other stuff.

Zak Rahman likes this.
  11. Zak Rahman

Zak Rahman Sleep is good. I am bad.

Apr 13, 2016
    Barcelona
    You may not have the glitz or glamour that Spitfire has, but I assure you, your efforts are making a difference to thousands of musicians all over.

Thanks for all your hard work!

bigcat1969 likes this.