What's new

New demo VSL cello2

Erik

New demo here for the cello in a very exposed setting: cello and piano in Gounod's Ave Maria.
Placement and verb: SPAT, no further EQ inplemented. It is what it is. Piano: Garritan Steinway.

And yes, I know, nothing will ever replace the real thing. But to me this new VSL instrument has more potential than the VSL solo cello 1 in expression btw..

I made a few other versions in the past with the Emotional cello, SWAM cello etc.. Maybe I will dedicate a new page on my blog in due course. But for now: I hope you'll enjoy this excerpt from this famous piece.

Guy Bacos

Hmmm... that does not sound good.
Strange jumps in the velocity? And kind of synthy.
I'd attribute this to so some minor adjustments with the attacks on the leg perf passages. By varying the attacks and making more of a connection with what's before and after, you'll increase the musicality of the phrase and steer away from predicability, otherwise, I enjoyed it. :)

OP
E

Erik

Thanks for your input guys! I guess I should consider a remake then. I'll let you know when finished.

Christof

I would suggest to listen to a nice interpretation and then try to come as close as possible,
here is an example:

OP
E

Erik

Hi Christof, Thanks for this suggestion, I also listened to Yo-Yo Ma this morning. How beautiful!
I love many recordings of Mischa Maisky (French songs, Schubert etc.), what a great player he is.
I just have send you a PM btw!

Top Bottom