What's new

New big grand session is been proceed

Levitanus

Yesterday I've recorded about 50 minutes of piano music (2h of a total audio source). Now am waiting for the second session day, and will bring out some tasty things)

as a sample of the upcoming Rachmaninov album – Vocalize in the edition of Erl Wild with my additions. Feedback is still appreciated, as I would work on post-production quite long) Maybe, the release will be at the end of march

Last edited:
@OleJoergensen, thanks. At the moment I'm investigating the best way to align the pairs in time. Now, i feel, something is too uncongergent in phase.
2 414xls omni as main pair (1,5-1,7m from the grand), sure beta91(PZM) under the grand, two ribbon RM-BIV (russian manufacturer) at the center of hall. I feel this pair should be placed closer to the rear wall. The sound there was more clean, and here they took too much of the low-middle...

Last edited:
Really enjoyed your superb playing and dynamics. The piano make and model? Quite a dark & 'heavy' tone, but that may be due to mic choice & placement.

I like your playing a lot. Sounds lovely!

Maybe you want to check out a phase alignment plugin (and not restrict yourself to time alignment in your DAW). It might get you closer to the desired result.

Voxengo's PHA-979 (hey, it's Russian;)) or Betabugs' Phasebug (a freebie) come to mind. Can't go wrong with checking out the freebie, I guess.

@OleJoergensen, thanks. At the moment I'm investigating the best way to align the pairs in time. Now, i feel, something is too uncongergent in phase.
2 414xls omni as main pair (1,5-1,7m from the grand), sure beta91(PZM) under the grand, two ribbon RM-BIV (russian manufacturer) at the center of hall. I feel this pair should be placed closer to the rear wall. The sound there was more clean, and here they took too much of the low-middle...
Thank you for the explanaition. Are you realising an album in the near future?

Are you realising an album in the near future?
honestly, I don't know... The next session I'm recording also some grand parts of my orch pieces for EP with Abora, but that is all. I just do not want to the main part (Rachmaninov 39op) gone totally unnoticed :grin:

Top Bottom