NEW: Big Bang Orchestra: Capricorn

Ben

VSL Support

Our next chapter in the BBO Series: BBO: Capricorn is finally here!
Capricorn is packed with ostinatos and riffs. Action at your fingertips!
  • Ready-to-use orchestral phrases for super-quick orchestrations
  • Riffs and patterns played by a large 70-piece orchestra
  • Hundreds of combinable 4-bar themes
  • Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
  • Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna

The riffs are structured in three categories that can be combined with each other:
  • Main Themes: Presenting the entire tonal spectrum of the symphony orchestra
  • Low Riffs: Played by the lower registers of strings, woodwinds and brass
  • High Riffs: Played by the higher registers of strings, woodwinds and brass
Introductory Price: € 60 (reg. € 90)

Walkthrough Video:

Want to go even more epic? Check out the current Vienna Voices / Konzerthaus Organ sale!
I hope you are as excited as me for what's coming next :)

brett

Does anyone know if the phrases tempo sync to your DAW? Or are they at fixed tempos? @Dietz

I’m not familiar with the Synchron player.

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL Support
Indeed, the Synchron Player does not offer a Syncing option at this point.

Melodee

+1, would be a huge step forward!

...and a big step towards sonokinetic, but with vienna synchron technology...additionally one playable
patch would be amazing / comparing to sonokinetic and da capo, for doing some individual adjustments.

Dr.Quest

This sounds great but how can you use phrases and ostinato without tempo sync? That makes it far less useful. I suppose you can render out and sync in Ableton or Logic but still...

brett

@Ben. That’s unfortunate, as it means I have to write in fixed tempos which is rarely possible. I work in television where the turnarounds are fast and unusual tempos are common so I’m afraid this product, as good as it sounds, is just not flexible enough and would slow me down too much. I purchased the other big bang products but this one will regrettably be a pass for me

ptram

Maybe it's the right time to get the opportunity to add synchronized time stretching? VI PRO has excellent and fast time stretching algorithms, so it shouldn't be impossible to do.

Paolo

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL Support
VI PRO has excellent and fast time stretching algorithms
VI PRO calculates the stretching offline (the stretched samples are calculated stored on the drive when opening / switching projects).
The multi-mic libraries would need too much storage space and take too long to calculate.
Also DAW-synced stretching is not possible with the stretching from VI PRO.

SomeGuy

Is that not essential for a library of this kind?
It also keeps me from licensing Black Eye. I'd love to, it sounds great ...
100% agree!! Tempo syncing to project, not the other way around, is vital for a library like this.

Mark Schmieder

Well, I bought it, so we shall see if the tempo sync issue becomes a problem or not. My recollection is that certain other similar products from different vendors, which I have been using successfully, also do not tempo-sync, and I can imagine that the recording technique would matter and that there could be phase issues and other artifacts if it were to be supported.

AndyP

Well, I bought it, so we shall see if the tempo sync issue becomes a problem or not. My recollection is that certain other similar products from different vendors, which I have been using successfully, also do not tempo-sync, and I can imagine that the recording technique would matter and that there could be phase issues and other artifacts if it were to be supported.
I am interested in what you can report.