What's new

BBO: L & M goes strings!

Just got these and they're great, just a question about the combined L+M patch, the "legato" combined patch doesn't play legato, it seems to be the same as the longs patch. Is this correct?
Hi...I am about to get them also, so you're saying that there is a combined low and high patch that is legato, but does NOT play legato? Just an ensemble sustain?

L+M Preset legato works for me...
Please be aware that per default the legato mode of this preset is set to polyphonic. You can change that in the Perform tab on the right side, first setting.

Hi...I am about to get them also, so you're saying that there is a combined low and high patch that is legato, but does NOT play legato? Just an ensemble sustain?

As Ben mentioned, it's set to poly legato. On my first quick playthrough I didn't realise.
I should have come back to the thread to update, sorry guys!

Question to users: Has anyone experienced legato to be in line with the latest industry standard string libraries, or are we still referring to the quality of legato with synchron strings? SY legato reminds of the stone age technology during the era of Yamaha YS200 keyboard strings

Question to users: Has anyone experienced legato to be in line with the latest industry standard string libraries, or are we still referring to the quality of legato with synchron strings? SY legato reminds of the stone age technology during the era of Yamaha YS200 keyboard strings

i dont know what you mean, i am happy with the Legato in Synchron Strings I and Lyra / Musca

Or you wait two days, download the demo and try it yourself...
Hey Ben, I would have loved doing that but VSL owners apply discretion when it comes to return policy. They just declined my refund request on account that I tried the product for the second time, which is not a rule stated anywhere in your refund policy. I don't want to mix up this issue with the topic here but VSL has lost my trust and respect now. I'm waiting for the day when a user who doesn't like Synchron strings legato tells me that s/he likes the legato of newer products :)

@star.keys I think you misunderstand. There will be 30 Days demos available in two days, no strings attached.

Regarding the refund: can you really blame our sales team for refusing a refund the second time you bought exactly the same product? There are not many that offer refund policies, but I don't think there is any software company out there that will refund the same product for the second time...

@star.keys
Regarding the refund: can you really blame our sales team for refusing a refund the second time you bought exactly the same product? There are not many that offer refund policies, but I don't think there is any software company out there that will refund the same product for the second time...
Yes, because I wouldn't have bought it unless VSL had the stated policy in place

@Ben I‘m a bit disappointed, because you are making demo licenses for the string packs available when the brass introductory offers end.

As I‘m not quite sure to get the brass packs (because I‘ve so many VSL products), I really hoped for earlier demos. Pity... If I had liked the strings demo, I would have bought the brass, too, maybe.

@Ben I‘m a bit disappointed, because you are making demo licenses for the string packs available when the brass introductory offers end.

As I‘m not quite sure to get the brass packs (because I‘ve so many VSL products), I really hoped for earlier demos. Pity... If I had liked the strings demo, I would have bought the brass, too, maybe.

I don't quite get the logic - BBO brass demo licenses are available right now and I'm pretty sure they have been for a while now. If you're potentially interested in the brass, why not demo the brass?

Reactions: Ben
Top Bottom