What's new

New avatars are eyesearingly bright.

You're not silly.
There seems to be a new default avatar being used which at first glance looks like a white square. I assume you were referring to this.
Hwite.jpeg

Not broken, just trying on some new clothes. There's some tinkering going on under the hood at the moment it seems.
A new "test" style has appeared in the 'style chooser'

Last edited:
Not broken, just trying on some new clothes. There's some tinkering going on under the hood at the moment it seems.
A new "test" style has appeared in the 'style chooser'
Yep. We wanted to add some new things to the site, but it wasn't possible because apparently our theme (called "Core") hadn't been updated in a while and had some conflicts. André and Claudio are on it and they have a good handle on what's up, although there may be some weirdness for a while until everything is ironed out.

FWIW, the boxes were white for a while for me, too, although they seem to be back to light blue again. I assume all that stuff can be whatever we want after the dust settles.

If possible, Mike, have them made a bit more darker still so that the difference with an actual white avatar, like mine, becomes clearer again. Thanks!
I think the white part that Mario was talking about was the background of the sub-form listings on the Forums page. (Which is white again now. Or maybe it always was. I'm kinda liking it now, although I don't claim to have good taste in colors.)

Are you talking about the box where our avatar and profile name are? I'm not sure if that can be made darker. I'm in pretty much the same boat you are, where I ask André and Claudio, "Can we ...?" and then wait and see what they come up with.

Mike,

I'm talking about the avatars themselves.
At the moment, the default avatar looks something like this:

Which, on less than outstanding monitors, often looks more like this:

Which, in turn, is barely different from my own avatar, which looks like this:

Hence my request for a slightly darker default avatar. Perhaps something more along the lines of this:

(It's only the background of these default avatars that need changing, because the figure itself is a white png-image in a transparent square.)

It's not an important matter of course, but if it could be changed, I would appreciate it.
Thanks very much.

_

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Yeah, they should probably be darker. The update seems to have changed some things we didn't expect. I'm not sure if it's possible to make the avatar backgrounds darker again, but I assume it should be, so I'll add it to the list.

This is interesting. I thought it was already fixed, because on this computer ... it is! Avatars have a nice dark background. Then I went to a different Mac (also on Safari, oddly enough) and I saw the white. Weird.

Hopefully it can be fixed, but the fact that it isn't consistent will make it tougher.

Mike,

Hence my request for a slightly darker default avatar. Perhaps something more along the lines of this:

(It's only the background of these default avatars that need changing, because the figure itself is a white png-image in a transparent square.)

It's not an important matter of course, but if it could be changed, I would appreciate it.
Thanks very much.

_

OK, I see what's been going on. As Mike said, the style needed to be updated, and it overwrote some of the custom work I had done. Let me look into this and bring back some visual decency. :)

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Andre

Mike,

Thanks very much.

_

re-peat, could you try to use a default avatar now?

Top Bottom