What's new

Austin Saxes 🎷| Musical Sampling

Aaron Sapp

Hey folks,

We're thrilled to finally release our latest sample baby, Austin Saxes!

Austin Saxes.jpg

Atelier Series Austin Saxes is a true legato saxophone library performed by session player and educator, Colin Houlihan.

Recorded at Orb Studios in Austin, TX – the goal with this release was to create a true workhorse full saxophone library that could accomplish a variety of musical tasks with vibe and ease. Just play your parts in and ride the modwheel!

Vibrato is a crucial characteristic. Just like our Sasaki Trumpet release, we captured the natural, progressive vibrato found in Colin’s performances to keep things as musical and credible as possible. We’ve also provided both Natural (untuned) and Tuned variations of our patches – the former retaining natural pitch biases up the range of the instrument.

We’ve included two playing styles. The Workhorse patches cater to upbeat, energetic contexts. Great for jazz, rock and pop genres. The Emotional patches were recorded soft with a more subtle, emotive vibrato for delicate and expressive passages.

Available now for $139

Check it out: Atelier Series | Austin Saxes

Last edited:
You're killing me Aaron. First the trumpet, now this?? :shocked:
Thanks, Chris! Yeah, this one has been in the works for awhile - hammering away one sample at a time. :)

For those wondering - the louder/brassy trumpet work you hear in the demos is our new "Fat Lead" solo legato patch, which will be a free update for all Sasaki Trumpet owners very soon!

Thanks, Chris! Yeah, this one has been in the works for awhile - hammering away one sample at a time. :)

For those wondering - the louder/brassy trumpet work you hear in the demos is our new "Fat Lead" solo legato patch, which will be a free update for all Sasaki Trumpet owners very soon!

Have you considered an Atelier Jazz/brass bundle for those of us eejits who didn't get the trumpet yet?

Just a (selfish) thought...

Aaron I also want to thank you for doing this, though I think maybe you should be committed after the failed or badly compromised attempts of many others...for attempting this. I believe this is now the defacto standard sax library on the market at least for aggressive saxes. Perfect no, but so far beyond what else for aggressive saxes that is available it is a must buy for at least this jazzer. I should mention I like OT's Blue saxes for softer stuff to be fair though I look forward to these softer ones too. To have a single playable patch is pretty great.

Last edited:
I literally dropped most of my remaining money on the Atelier voice bundle at the beginning of the month too but that suggestion would get the rest of it.
I definitely want them all! But, sale/intro price or not, it could take some time.

The demos for these saxophones are at least as good as those for the trumpet. Deeply impressive work.

Just listened through all of the Soundcloud demos. I love the natural tuning vibe, especially in the "School Hymn" track. Wow. Gonna be hard to say no to this at $99--and I think you will sell the hell out this library at $139 as well!

THANK YOU for creating a saxophone library that - at least to my ears, watching the play through - seems to be useful outside of a jazz idiom. It’s not a complete concert sax sound, but it’s so much closer than most even think to consider, and sounds pretty fluid. A few of my mock-ups have been waiting for this for a long time.

A bit bummed there’s no second play style for soprano though. Why is that?

Top Bottom