What's new

New Audiofier Guitar library Riffendium

KarlHeinz

Secret is now revealed, cant say HOW curious I was about this :):

https://www.audiofier.com/riffendium/

Intro video is hear:

I am just downloading but this really seems another gem from audiofier. They just always with all the libraries have that something special with sound and functions and seems Riffendium will fit in that line. There are lots of libraries in this field and normally I am not really into loops/phrase based things but this seems really something special again overcoming the borders between loops and playable multisamples.

Will be back this evening after work when I can spent some time on this christmas gem, if someone already has or will have some experience with this please comment.

I took the leap after watching the composing video in Audiofier website. it's not in youtube i don't know why. I'm having fun with it, Not the usual loop library. Will play with it more and maybe post something

I'll be doing a review next weekend, looks like Roby's libraries are really coming of age now, nice and clean gui, and the guitars sound great in the videos and soundcloud demo's. Can't wait to have a play with it tomorrow and get some inspiration for a review piece.

Thanks Peter for your kind words, but it's not just me in Audiofier. Don't want to take all the credit :)

Phew, this one is really a challenge (at least for me).....

The sounds are unbelievable good, from real "classic" and "live" sounding rock guitars to evry kind of cinematic-soundscapish things you can (or can not even :) ) imagine. And the same with the possibilities of the rhythms/riffs, I think in this case "boundless" really describes it best, you will never come to an end combining these sounds, rhythms and riffs.

But just not easy to find my way threw, definitely not a "plug and play" kind of lib :). What makes it a little hard for me is that I can not follow my usual workflow that just uses existing precomposed midi tracks as with all the other Audiofier stuff before where I could just feed some chords in, choose a scale and they kind of doing the "rest". This one you really have to play with midi keyboard and record or just "program" manually in the piano roll. I would have no problem doing this one time but cause of all the different parts of the keyboard used in different riffs you cant just use the one time programmed track with another riff cause they all use different parts of the keyboard. But I think thats a very specific personal problem of my workflow and the possibilities of this library really worth the time for adapting it to my workflow.

You really should investigate some time into this (of course starting with the overview video), took me a while to realize such obvious things as combining sounds from the snapshots with riffs. This alone will give you thousands of possible starting points for then editing the sequences or sounds.

My favourite function so far is the double track function. How long have I looked for something to give me that real "southern" touch with three guitars playing around like good ol Lynnyrd Skynnyrd, here it is with just a button press and even with the ability to change the sound of both guitars very easily :).

And in case of the sounds whats kind of unbelievable really HOW versatile this is, really, from good old southern rock to the most exotic cinematic and soundscapish experiments you can think of (really worth it checking out the experimental snapshots for this, ever looked for a "whistling guitar" ? Here it is :).

Phew, this one is really a challenge (at least for me).....

The sounds are unbelievable good, from real "classic" and "live" sounding rock guitars to evry kind of cinematic-soundscapish things you can (or can not even :) ) imagine. And the same with the possibilities of the rhythms/riffs, I think in this case "boundless" really describes it best, you will never come to an end combining these sounds, rhythms and riffs.

But just not easy to find my way threw, definitely not a "plug and play" kind of lib :). What makes it a little hard for me is that I can not follow my usual workflow that just uses existing precomposed midi tracks as with all the other Audiofier stuff before where I could just feed some chords in, choose a scale and they kind of doing the "rest". This one you really have to play with midi keyboard and record or just "program" manually in the piano roll. I would have no problem doing this one time but cause of all the different parts of the keyboard used in different riffs you cant just use the one time programmed track with another riff cause they all use different parts of the keyboard. But I think thats a very specific personal problem of my workflow and the possibilities of this library really worth the time for adapting it to my workflow.

You really should investigate some time into this (of course starting with the overview video), took me a while to realize such obvious things as combining sounds from the snapshots with riffs. This alone will give you thousands of possible starting points for then editing the sequences or sounds.

My favourite function so far is the double track function. How long have I looked for something to give me that real "southern" touch with three guitars playing around like good ol Lynnyrd Skynnyrd, here it is with just a button press and even with the ability to change the sound of both guitars very easily :).

And in case of the sounds whats kind of unbelievable really HOW versatile this is, really, from good old southern rock to the most exotic cinematic and soundscapish experiments you can think of (really worth it checking out the experimental snapshots for this, ever looked for a "whistling guitar" ? Here it is :).

Hello KarlHeintz,

glad you like Riffendium and thanks for the great comments
here is a video that shows how i use the library while doing a short track. Hope it helps :)

Have a great day.

Roby

Just purchased and downloading now. So far I'm really impressed with the walk-through videos and tone (or should I say tones) of this instrument. We need more libraries like this IMO. It's great to have a captured performance for ultimate realism that can still be tailored in a way that is your own. I can't wait to start digging into this one.

I have watched some of the videos and I really like the concept and sound. The only thing that I would have liked to see different is the way you have to play chords. I would have liked to be able to play chords and have them recognized by the instrument. Maybe this is what @KarlHeinz is referring to when talking about the way this fits in his workflow. But the concept, sound and price are probably going to convince me to get this. Contrary to some people here I have been a good boy with BF, so...

michaelsimons:
I would have liked to be able to play chords and have them recognized by the instrument. Maybe this is what @KarlHeinz is referring to when talking about the way this fits in his workflow.
Exactly this :) . But I think I will have to find a way with this, the sounds and possibilities are just to marvellous, maybe the long composing video above (have not found the time to watch this so far) will have some good advices and hints.

michaelsimons:
Exactly this :) . But I think I will have to find a way with this, the sounds and possibilities are just to marvellous, maybe the long composing video above (have not found the time to watch this so far) will have some good advices and hints.

I watched part of it and it gave me a better understanding of how the library works. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will fit the workflow, but like you said, the sounds and possibilities more than make up for that.

I have been jamming the library for most of the afternoon, it sounds so phat,juicy. The only gripe so far is the slow loading time (from ssd)accompanied by a small cpu spike when loading (on win 10). There was a patch update this evening, maybe that has addressed it? But that’s a small gripe, the library is very addictive, there is so much flexibility in playing with the phrases, so many ways to chop and change individual riffs and ways to combine them with other instances. Enjoying it very much so far.

Hi Elpedro,

did you save the nki or batch-reserve? It is supposed to load in less than 5sec. Did you follow the Suggestion for Windows 10 Owners in the manual?

Yes I did do the batch save before and after the patch, it still is slow-ish, but not like it was.
Here is my review btw, I had a lot of fun playing around with Riffendium,

Yes I did do the batch save before and after the patch, it still is slow-ish, but not like it was.
Here is my review btw, I had a lot of fun playing around with Riffendium,

Thanks for the great comments, Peter. Glad you like Riffendium. Had fun watching it.
Always interesting to see how others are using our instruments.
Thanks again.
Have a great day

Roby

Hi Roby, I've spent only one hour with Riffendium and ... woooooow, it's an incredible instrument, really so deep I think in ten years I'll still discover new things, and the "sound", please tell us more about the people and the "behind the curtains". One question, is there a way to insert a "reverse" in the sequences or in the sound ? If not, it would be my only small regret, maybe an update ? Anyway, for me this lib gets my "Award of the best lib of the year 2018".
Huge congrats to all the people behind this fantastic RIFFENDIUM library.

"I'm not in any way affiliated with Audiofier, and I paid this lib as anyone"

Last edited:
"I'm not in any way affiliated with Audiofier, and I paid this lib as anyone"

I replied to the unedited version of your post (the one without the not) to make a stupid joke, but the quote already contained your edit. :)

Anyway, all these positive responses only confirm what I already suspected. I need to get this.

Top Bottom