What's new

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio Launch - $79.99 Intro Price :: $39.99 Crossgrade

Agreed. The install compression scheme could be better, and there are some programming bugs, but I'm convinced this is the finest collection of sampled EP's available. I'm blown away by the quality, variety, and depth. You can make these sound as quirky and noisy as you like. Authentic to the bone. At this price point, they're basically giving it away. Seriously.
Big wraps (not that I wasn't already convinced that this looks a great deal).
Trigger Pulled.
DLing now and will have to wait til tonight to play.

Works for me now.
Fantastic quality, EX5 Suitcase is what I want out of Hybrid Beefy Tine-Ish EP.

My last issue is no sustain Pedal.
Cc64 doesn't work.
I did use the ADSR edit and put cc64 on release.
It works there so anyone know what CC is used for the sustain Pedal?

Works for me now.

Cc64 doesn't work.

Sustain pedal works for me without problems but I haven´t tried all patches yet. I assume, they are all programmed the same way though.
Best regards
Raindog

Works for me now.

Cc64 doesn't work.

That EX5 Suitcase is amazing :)

Oh, What is it based on?

NSK is based on a player that Jamal and team co-wrote.

I'm going to be a bit off-topic on this but it concerns me that this might becoming a trend with folks writing their own players instead of using UVI or Kontakt. By nature I am not a very organized person and keeping up with all the library, plug-ins, player updates feels daunting at times. It's my fault, I have over a hundred libraries and plug-ins. It's a quandry though because I'm all for as real as it gets. I practically demand it. - Rich

I'm on Mac OS 10.10. Quick download, long de-compress time (~40 mins) with unrarx. I had to point the player to the samples after player was installed (I wasn't asked where samples were during install, as per manual). No big deal: go to Settings in upper RH part of the GUI, and there's a button.

If you played a real rhodes or wurli in the past, you will love this. And for this price?

This one is for players. I have gravitated to modeled pianos a lot in the past because they are fast - they feel more like the instant feedback you get with a physical instrument. But NKS streaming on an SSD feels really 'live' to me, as some sample-based keyboard VIs haven't in the past. The patches aren't massive - they're just well done.

Those of us who loved the great George Duke can see why he could use a product along these lines. Because it's very playable, you can really flow and be spontaneous.

Congratulations and thank you!

Well I installed yesterday evening around 6pm. Extraction took about 20-30minutes and was very smooth on Win 7 system. Started noodling and didn't go to bed til 2.30am and I probably only looked at about half of the patches. o_O
Make of that what you will.

I'm not sure if I'll use all the patches but the Rhodes and Wurlys are lovely and a lot of fun to play. Excellent and just what I was looking for. Thank you.

My sustain pedal works as expected.

A lot of the eps have long sustains. Is that the case with everyone? They keep going as long as I hold the key. Is this expected behaviour? The Rhodes and Wurlys behave as I expected and sustain is affected by attack.

I'm not 100% convinced with the effects chains, however I am quite happy to say that may be user error and I just need to spend some time with them to get the most out of the options. I do love the chorus settings though and they sit so well with the Rhodes models (to my ears at least). The effects chain is a minor issue for me as the base instruments are so wonderful I just don't care.

Great version. The only disappointments for me are the Wurlitzers. Unless I am simply missing it, I don't hear one that really sounds like it sounds out of its own speakers and all of them are pretty gritty, not a clean one.

A lot of the eps have long sustains.

I have note stealing on one patch, and I can't seem to find it at the moment. Will report when I come across it again. I don't see a 'max voices' control on the plugin, like in Kontakt. Not a big deal, and sure it will be fixed in future.

Also slightly underwhelmed by wurlies compared to the rhodes, but that's a high standard.

Jay, the 'Classic Wurliem 2' sounds pretty clean (to me anyway) with all the processing off. (BTW, the toggles are backwards in the fx section (when unit is engaged, light is on, but virtual switch is set to 'off') - also not a big deal). There is an overdrive module in fx which needs to be off, and also a saturation knob in the master section. With both off, and the barky growly rotary pots on main page off, Classic Wurliem 2 doesn't sound that gritty to me. Sustains are long, but it sounds fairly clean for what it is.

EDIT: there is an ADSR window, so sustains can be as long or short as you want. Turning down the 'sustain' *rotary* knob on main page seems to turn down volume rather than sustain, at least on the wurlies, but the ADSR works - you can get a natural sounding sustain with sustain knob in conjunction with the ADSR window.

On the rhodes (so far) the sustain knob works more as expected - it seems to override the 'sustain' part of ADSR window.

BTW, did I mention how much I love this library? Yum.

EDIT 2:

There is a lot going on in the ADSR window, including extra gain, velocity curves, and amp envelope, so I think we all need some time to twiddle and listen. I have already made one killer user preset for myself, and I basically just did educated fiddling around until I got good results. So long as it sounds good I am happy!

Last edited:
[QUOTE="jonnybutter, post: 4063524, member: 13028"

Jay, the 'Classic Wurliem 2' sounds pretty clean (to me anyway) with all the processing off. (BTW, the toggles are backwards in the fx section (when unit is engaged, light is on, but virtual switch is set to 'off') - also not a big deal). There is an overdrive module in fx which needs to be off, and also a saturation knob in the master section. With both off, and the barky growly rotary pots on main page off, Classic Wurliem 2 doesn't sound that gritty to me. Sustains are long, but it sounds fairly clean for what it is.

EDIT: there is an ADSR window, so sustains can be as long or short as you want. Turning down the 'sustain' *rotary* knob on main page seems to turn down volume rather than sustain, at least on the wurlies, but the ADSR works - you can get a natural sounding sustain with sustain knob in conjunction with the ADSR window.

[/QUOTE]

All true but if you compare it to the Indiginus WURL-e Studio with the Direct setting, it just sounds more like the Wurlitzers I owned though their own speaker. Then if I add a Fender Super or Twin amp sim it sounds like how I used to play it in nightclubs.

So I am just partial to that, I guess.

All true but if you compare it to the Indiginus WURL-e Studio with the Direct setting, it just sounds more like the Wurlitzers I owned though their own speaker. Then if I add a Fender Super or Twin amp sim it sounds like how I used to play it in nightclubs.

So I am just partial to that, I guess.

I hear that. I never gigged with a wurlie, just played them through their own speakers in music school - and it's been a long time. The tan wooden case ones were fun to overdrive! The Indiginus does sound fantastic, I must say. It has both air and a rounded, sweet tone.

Personally I love the new Wurlitzer's. They're massively superiour to the previous Neo Soul wurlies, but they are built around that style, so each to their own. Overall this new version is brilliant and the introductory/crossgrade pricing is beyond generous!

Hey GospelMusicians guys, I'm extremely annoyed.

Tried to post a question on your website using the contact form, but can't get past the captcha nonsense. Get rejected as spam.

Maybe it's related to the content of what I'm posting. It's the content of an email with evidence I bought the original from VSTBuzz.

I didn't install it yet, but now want to upgrade.

Tried to post a question on your website using the contact form, but can't get past the captcha nonsense. Get rejected as spam.

Maybe it's related to the content of what I'm posting. It's the content of an email with evidence I bought the original from VSTBuzz.

Hey @Udo. I just sent them a complaint about the captcha last week. They said that it takes so many people before they consider it a bug, so now we got a quorum going at least. I forget what the number was. I have seen that capctha before and hated it then also. The secret with that one is to keep pushing the "Give me another captcha" button until you get one that you can read. For me it took 37 times. It is a dumb captcha screen. A smart one would have figured out that a robot can't push the give me another captcha button and let me right in. It is like most copy protection. Rather than focus on keeping the bad guys out, it starts with keep everybody out and only let a few good guys in. The problem with that is they punish many good people who are not robots or pirates. But, hey they got to stop those 1% of bad apples, even if they stop 23% of good apples also. That 1% must be punished at all costs! They think: "We must stop evil, even if we also punish our paying customers."

That being said, I pushed the doggone button 37 times and finally got to be one of the 77% good apples and bought the library. It was worth it! The key to that captcha is, you see 2 things. Once you can read both of them, type in the first one, then a space, then the second one (case sensitive). The funny thing is that I heard Mr. Magoo can read every one of them so he gets in the first time every time. Blurry to us becomes in focus to him. How about that? Also I heard the captcha can detect whether you are a dog or cat person. If you are a cat person, it will never let you in. A robot will get in before a cat person will. I am a polar bear person and there are no cats or dogs here, so I got in after 37 button pushes, no problem.

I did not like the first demo video, especially the dirt section, and told Jamal that. But then I watched the second video and I was totally impressed with everything, including dirt so then bought it and played it myself. Wow is it great! Dirt circuit and all. The Neo Soul team outdid themselves this time. I am equally impressed that this is their first library that required not a Kontakt or UVI script programmer, but a C++ and Steingberg VST SDK programmer. A most excellent first stand-alone VST library they did. Keep pushing that "next captcha" button @Udo and you will be glad that you did.

If I am wrong, sue me. My address is: 12.6, Alert, Nunavut, Canada. Your lawyers can serve the summons there.

Hey, Jamal. This library is a gift. Thank you and forgive my earlier moaning and groaning to your help desk.

Sásta

Last edited:
Great version. The only disappointments for me are the Wurlitzers. Unless I am simply missing it, I don't hear one that really sounds like it sounds out of its own speakers and all of them are pretty gritty, not a clean one.

Just goes to show that there are soo soo many different versions of the same EP. Our absolute #1 praise in this new library IS actually the Wurly...haha! Most people say they absolutely love the new Wurli and surprisingly people are loving the EX5 Suitcase. Also people who never really cared for the Clav, actually are loving the Clav now. We have to admit, the Clav sounds very authentic. The new clean suitcases are amazing as well.

As far as the support: You can email us directly at [email protected] and now we will look into a different contact form with a bit less Capcha, but this is hard. There are thousands of bots just sitting waiting to overwhelm the system, so we need to be very careful.

But Jamal, how many of them owned two different Wurlies,140 and 200, and played them both art home through their speakers writing songs and 5-6 nights a week in nightclubs through Fender amps for app. 10 years, like I did?

Not that it matters to anyone other than me, nor should it but it perhaps explains the difference in perception.

Anyway, you know that I have been a huge supporter of NeoSoul from the gitgo and this version is terrific. LOVE the Clavs.

Contact them directly through email Support@ or Orders@. Also I would install the UVI version if I were you... (edited for content).... I've installed both. Both have their strong points, I'll prob keep using the UVI. ...(edited for content).... Had issues getting my VSTbuzz purchase to show up in my account as well, but Jamal was great and helped me through the whole process. Make sure to read install instructions also, since I didn't properly place the samples after the NKS studio install and spent an hour trying to figure out why the plugin and standalone made no sound. Cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom