Natural Sub Bass derived from the EWSO Silver Organ

DarkestShadow

I have been using this since years and love the sound, so I figured I share the little "hack".

The Organ from East West Symphonic Orchestra Silver turned into an acoustic sub bass. Strangely it's only in the Silver edition (which doesn't sell anymore), unless they added it later to the bigger versions.

Maybe you still have the library or a license so you can re-download it. It's also possible to delete all samples except the Organ ones in the samples folder if you like that bass thing but don't need the other instruments.

(my vocal level drops sometimes when I neglected to correct, but I'm not saying important stuff there)

Geocranium

It sounds neat, but in a mix, could you really hear the difference between this and a sine wave? I always like the sine way method because it's the most simple wave, so you're not adding an unnecessary noise or harmonics.

Mike T

Boring Member
I think it just depends on context. For anything that's more on the hybrid end of the spectrum, the sine thing is a good fit. But if you're just looking to add weight to the basses and celli or something like that in a more straightforward orchestral setting, I think you can't beat the sound of actual air moving that an organ gives you.

OP
DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow

It sounds neat, but in a mix, could you really hear the difference between this and a sine wave? I always like the sine way method because it's the most simple wave, so you're not adding an unnecessary noise or harmonics.
Well, I never compared. I did that hack years ago and I like the sub sound more than subs heard in other pieces so I just keep using and just put the idea out there. People can decide if they'd rather use this other sine wave then. ;)
I think it just depends on context. For anything that's more on the hybrid end of the spectrum, the sine thing is a good fit. But if you're just looking to add weight to the basses and celli or something like that in a more straightforward orchestral setting, I think you can't beat the sound of actual air moving that an organ gives you.
Yea, there is a different and richer feel to it.. I think, maybe bias.
One thing that is clear is that it was actually recorded in an orchestral hall, the sine wave from your synth.. not. I'll have to directly compare it some day.