What's new

Native Instruments Session Guitarist: Electric Mint

I watched Jef's video and I think it sounds great, I love that he doesn't hide any frustrations he has with a library.

I watched Jef's video and I think it sounds great, I love that he doesn't hide any frustrations he has with a library.
Yeah! I enjoy his non-HYPED style. Just enjoyed his ‘Prime Bass’ walkthrough, also (Nothing quite like upgrading to the Ultimate Collector’s Edition, only to find another four libraries I’d wish to use ;) ).

I think the NI guitars play and sound great, but it drives me crazy that they only sample the high E string up to the 16th fret Ab. Makes playing real solos with the melody instrument super limited.

I shared my concern with their support and they said it was because “the strings overlap each other”, which, while true, doesn’t apply to the high range of the high E. They’ve continued to do it this way, so I guess the feedback didn’t land.

I really don’t get it. How much extra time / GB would a few more higher notes add?

I bought this yesterday shortly after watching various videos and downloading the manual. After spending a fair amount of time this morning with it, I'm very satisfied with what it brings and my 1st instrument is guitar. I personally wouldn't use any guitar sample or vst libraries for solo work that requires very nuanced bending and legato with hammer ons and pull offs but for arpeggios or muted funk type riffing and chords, this sounds great on all it offers and it offers a lot.

I think the NI guitars play and sound great, but it drives me crazy that they only sample the high E string up to the 16th fret Ab. Makes playing real solos with the melody instrument super limited.

I shared my concern with their support and they said it was because “the strings overlap each other”, which, while true, doesn’t apply to the high range of the high E. They’ve continued to do it this way, so I guess the feedback didn’t land.

I really don’t get it. How much extra time / GB would a few more higher notes add?
I've not used any of them yet, so don't know of this. I'm more interested in this for it's rhythm guitar uses. Though soloing would be nice, of course, I could still use the 'RealGuitar' stuff I already have, in cases where my needs overshot the (literal) reach of this instrument.

It's a shame they didn't really take it on board, though :2thumbs:

I can just recommend the Session Guitarist libraries, especially the newer ones, however I will not be getting this one (outside Komplete) as I simply don't need it
Actually, for me this would probably have been the most useful of the Session electric guitars. It would be a good way to use my 25 Euro voucher, but I can't really afford anything else.

I've not used any of them yet, so don't know of this. I'm more interested in this for it's rhythm guitar uses. Though soloing would be nice, of course, I could still use the 'RealGuitar' stuff I already have, in cases where my needs overshot the (literal) reach of this instrument.

It's a shame they didn't really take it on board, though :2thumbs:
Totally agreed that it's probably great for rhythm. But it could have been great overall with, what seems like, very little additional work.

Top Bottom