1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Native acess : installing NI library without redownloading them ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by leon chevalier, Oct 6, 2017.

1. leon chevalier

leon chevalier Half a composer

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    Hi all,

I'm a bit disappointed by NI native access... As you may know after Kontakt 5.6.6 the "locate" button under each lib is gone and you have to add your libraries with Native access.

For non NI library there is a "Add library" button that allow you to locate the folder where the library is, work perfectly, thanks. But for NI library you only have an "Install" button that fire a downloading of the lib... ? :confused: And guess what ? I don't want to redownload them all :mad:

upload_2017-10-7_8-20-21.png

So I did my research and the solution offered by NI is to uninstall your current konatkt, reinstall kontakt 5.6.6 to get the old "Locate" button, to add the libraries and at to reinstall the latest kontakt : https://support.native-instruments....re-Already-Installed-on-a-Separate-Hard-Drive

I'm a developer and to me, it's insane to ask your costumer to downgrade to use such a basic and useful feature. :shocked:

Anyway, I'm hoping that one of you have an easier workaround ?

Thanks,

Leon

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. mikeybabes

mikeybabes Only the good die young....

I couldn't agree with you more.

I have the new Symphonic Series Percussion library, and installed it on my main machine. However when I copy the library to my laptop for use when travelling, it tries to install/download it again.

The suggestion about downloading an older version doesn't work either, because SSP is one of those newer libraries that requires the latest version of Kontakt. The older version just crashes when try add it.

As far as I know they haven't even said oops, we'll fix this.

3. OP
    OP
    leon chevalier

leon chevalier Half a composer

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    Let's hope they'll change this in the next version of native access.

Even from there side it's a hard choice to understand because those redownloads will cost them.

I hope it's a mistake due the wonderful German beers and not business strategy!