What's new

Native Access not working? You got this too?

Goldie Zwecker

Hi everyone.
I also emailed NI but sometimes their support team responds only after days,
so i figured i'd also ask you guys.

I was trying to add another library (Glitch Hero by Soundiron) but the Native Access app went up and showed this message:
62f8CEu.jpg

The internet is working, connected, everything ok there.
So, as they advised i went on and downloaded the latest version of Native access, but the problem still persists. So i downgraded back - the problem still persists.
Trying to add a library via the older service center doesn't let you add a library just like that, since Kontakt itself lacks the "add library" option.

Am i overlooking something? What could be the problem?

Thanks!

The problem is Native Access, which has had numerous, well-documented problems since its unfortunate introduction into the once-friendly NI ecosphere. My own solution has been to uninstall it and refuse to purchase any libraries that require it. Good luck.

I built a new PC three days ago, and I was getting the exact same error message immediately after installing the Native Access app. After a few minutes I gave up and just continued reinstalling other software. A little later, immediately after a reboot, I launched Native Access again and it went through fine and the error hasn't yet repeated. I hate to ask, but you did try rebooting?

I built a new PC three days ago, and I was getting the exact same error message immediately after installing the Native Access app. After a few minutes I gave up and just continued reinstalling other software. A little later, immediately after a reboot, I launched Native Access again and it went through fine and the error hasn't yet repeated. I hate to ask, but you did try rebooting?
Yeah i tried several times and it didn't work.
Went with the wife and kids to a nice picnic and a day trip, got back half an hour ago, started the PC and now native access works just fine.
Go figure. Perhaps it was in a "mood".

At least a few devs are offering alternative full Kontakt patches that are pre-5.6.8 compatible, even if they're not publicizing this. (New Player-compatible libraries are of course required by NI to have the NA malware installed on your system.)

You could at least write Soundiron and ask if such an alternative is available.

At least a few devs are offering alternative full Kontakt patches that are pre-5.6.8 compatible, even if they're not publicizing this. (New Player-compatible libraries are of course required by NI to have the NA malware installed on your system.)

You could at least write Soundiron and ask if such an alternative is available.
Actually it's the other way around. I have the cube, drip, lo, shimmer, shudder, crystal and tape libraries - and upgrading to 'Glitch Hero' for a couple of dollars which basically contains all these 7 libraries in one package - but while they were only accessible via the files menu or the quickload - the Glitch Hero is unifying them into one NKS format library, which also gives some more possibilities to manipulate the sounds.
So theoretically i already have all these libraries in a format that doesn't require native access, but that wasn't the point of the upgrade.
Anyway, it's ok now.

Actually it's the other way around. I have the cube, drip, lo, shimmer, shudder, crystal and tape libraries - and upgrading to 'Glitch Hero' for a couple of dollars which basically contains all these 7 libraries in one package - but while they were only accessible via the files menu or the quickload - the Glitch Hero is unifying them into one NKS format library, which also gives some more possibilities to manipulate the sounds.
Sorry to hear about the NA troubles. Just as an aside, thank you for mentioning the Glitch Hero bundle. I was on the Soundiron site last week and was looking for the JunoVHS bundle which was nowhere to be found. Now I know it will be repackaged. The site shows "Coming Soon" but do you have any release info on this? I've been eyeing it since Shimmer's release last year. Apologies for the slight hijack. I use the latest Native Access because I have to in order to use newer libraries. There's not much we can do about it if we want to do so.

Sorry to hear about the NA troubles. Just as an aside, thank you for mentioning the Glitch Hero bundle. I was on the Soundiron site last week and was looking for the JunoVHS bundle which was nowhere to be found. Now I know it will be repackaged. The site shows "Coming Soon" but do you have any release info on this? I've been eyeing it since Shimmer's release last year. Apologies for the slight hijack.
As an owner of these 7 libraries (crystal, cube, drip, lo, shimmer, shudder & tape) i got an email from Soundiron with an upgrade discount code and a link to purchasing the Glitch Hero.

It happened to me a few nights ago. I just waited a day, and everything was fine. I'm thinking there might be some sort of "server updates" that we don't know about, but thats totally conjecture on my part.

It happened to me a few nights ago. I just waited a day, and everything was fine. I'm thinking there might be some sort of "server updates" that we don't know about, but thats totally conjecture on my part.
Yeah i tried several times and it didn't work.
Went with the wife and kids to a nice picnic and a day trip, got back half an hour ago, started the PC and now native access works just fine.
Go figure. Perhaps it was in a "mood".
GUYS !!! You should have read the f**** manual!!! It's written very clearly !!!!! From page 7 : "Native access only work from 5pm to 7pm if the weather is sunny and if the NI developers haven't eaten to much at lunch, otherwise the NI servers are in maintenance mode to allow them to take a nap"
EDIT: Ok, I'm trolling NI...

Last edited:
I use the latest Native Access because I have to in order to use newer libraries. There's not much we can do about it if we want to do so.

This is what most will do, which is why ordinary people will continue to be oppressed by evil, greed-ridden monopolistic corporations. I consider Native Access and the end of offline activation to be a monopolistic act of aggression, an act of oppression, an act of war, and I will resist.

I was offered two very generous upgrades today by Soundiron, one of which (Voices of Gaia bundle) I would have jumped on in a heartbeat. But it's NA & 5.6.8+ only, so no dice.

If I were offered a lifetime of free everything by both Spitfire Audio and Orchestra Tools along with one million dollars on the condition that I reinstall NA on my workstation, I would not do it. I am not kidding. I feel that strongly about digital age privacy rights in this area.

I was having issues with Native Access, clashing with service center etc etc.
With a recent purchase of Komplete, I removed *everything* NI from my system and started from scratch with Native Access. Installed fuss free and working great now. NI and third party.

Seems to me we have to jump on the bandwagon at some point. A "fresh start" worked for me. My2c.

Last edited:
I was having issues with Native Access, clashing with service center etc etc.
With a recent purchase of Komplete, I removed *everything* NI from my system and started from scratch with Native Access. Installed fuss free and working great now. NI and third party.

Seems to me we have to jump on the bandwagon at some point. A "fresh start" worked for me. My2c.

Great that it worked for you.

But how many people will have that kind of time on their hands to try such solutions? Especially when there's a deadline knocking on the door !!

And the icing on the cake is that you will have none of th NI installers since NA very graciously deletes them for you. So you have to redownload the WHOLE thing again!!

And all this still doesn't guarantee that after removing everything NI and starting from scratch the problem will go away. This is shooting in the dark and frustrating at best. Even if you get lucky once you will never know for sure where the problem was and whether it can repeat again.

Native Instruments needs to renounce and atone for the evil path they have chosen, or the company needs to die.
NA is not malware. Let's not put misinformations out there, really, dude.
Misinformation? A few quotes from the NI site about this evil, despicable, human rights-violating POS software:

1) The easiest way to get all your music creation tools ready for use

2) Native Access is your one-stop hub for easy product installation, registration, and updates.

3) See all your available updates on one convenient screen. The one-click update process in Native Access makes it fast and simple to get the latest versions of your installed products.

All three of the above statements have been amply documented as being untrue in a great many ways for a large number of people. It's most certainly not easier than the old Service Center, it's not easier (or even possible) for people who work in offline environments. And when NI themselves advise people to "downgrade" to 5.6.6 to fix installation problems, then "upgrade" back to the latest version, this hardly constitutes a a "one-click" update process.

It's an empirically verifiable fact that NI's own characterization of NA constitutes misinformation. To call NA the havoc-wreaking malware that it truly is only adds clarity and truth to the situation. NI's statements about it are flat-out lies.

Last edited:
Great that it worked for you.

But how many people will have that kind of time on their hands to try such solutions? Especially when there's a deadline knocking on the door !!

And the icing on the cake is that you will have none of th NI installers since NA very graciously deletes them for you. So you have to redownload the WHOLE thing again!!

And all this still doesn't guarantee that after removing everything NI and starting from scratch the problem will go away. This is shooting in the dark and frustrating at best. Even if you get lucky once you will never know for sure where the problem was and whether it can repeat again.

The "uninstall" process involves deleting some files, but takes 10 mins and is well documented. Download NA, log into your account and hit install all. Come back a few hours later and it's done.

Anyway, this is my contribution to the discussion. If it helps anyone, good times.

Last edited:
To call NA the havoc-wreaking malware that it truly is only adds clarity and truth to the situation.

Patently incorrect. You don't seem to know what malware even means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

"Malware is defined by its malicious intent, acting against the requirements of the computer user — and so does not include software that causes unintentional harm due to some deficiency."

You're wrong. There is absolutely no malicious intent from NI there. They don't want to make your computer disintegrate itself. NA doesn't impact the performance of the computer, slowing it down, adding rootkits, or redirecting your search queries to dubious websites. It is not a virus or a trojan, it is not ransomware, or anything else mentioned in that article.

Get real dude. I understand you're pretty butthurt, but sheesh, draw the line somewhere.

Malware:
  1. Software which is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain authorized access to a computer system.

I disagree that Native Access is malware, as defined by the OED. SO whatever gripes you have about the program/service, malware it is not.

That being said, I agree that in it's current form, it's a hassle. Twice now, Native Access has "forgotten" my installed Kontakt libraries, and fussed up their location on my computer. I had to do the dreaded "downgrade" to reestablish my DL links so NA could find them without having to redownload the files. Do I feel it violated my Human Rights? No. YMMV

Looking in my NI account, every product I own has a download link that does not require NA usage to install. After DL the file, I'm not sure about the process after that, but at least you have the files. I've noticed downloading through NA is very very slow.
    Just my 2 cents. As I said YMMV

Patently incorrect. You don't seem to know what malware even means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

"Malware is defined by its malicious intent, acting against the requirements of the computer user — and so does not include software that causes unintentional harm due to some deficiency."

You're wrong. There is absolutely no malicious intent from NI there. They don't want to make your computer disintegrate itself. NA doesn't impact the performance of the computer, slowing it down, adding rootkits, or redirecting your search queries to dubious websites. It is not a virus or a trojan, it is not ransomware, or anything else mentioned in that article.

Get real dude. I understand you're pretty butthurt, but sheesh, draw the line somewhere.

In truth, I have probably become certifiably clinically depressed over this. I do not enjoy being at the DAW anymore, and the issue keeps me awake at night. I am also extremely angry over what they have done, so am probably, I admit, prone to the histrionic.

I do think, however, that it is malicious to pull the rug out from those who have already vested in the platform with the understanding that the sanctity of the offline workstation was respected. Since they have done this on purpose, not by accident, it's perfectly reasonable to accuse them of malicious intent. And an application that, because of malicious intent, takes away one's ability to use their computer the way one sees fit (for me, offline only) is quite literally a "redirection" or a "hijacking" of the workstation environment.

I would say that this qualifies as malware. That it's not considered by many to be malware only underscores the double-standard that exists in capitalist societies in which abuses committed by so-called "respected" businesses in pursuit of profit are viewed differently than abuses committed by street criminals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom